Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons to be cheerful, plus “We’re Top of the League”! ..... then you think of all the deaths and suffering ..... it’s not easy really.

Can't complain about this! Would love to have it personally. I'm low risk anyway given my age and health, so this is just fantastic given it's easy to store and basically perfect in preventing severe disease.

You've got to admire the simplicity of his twitter bio as well - "Immunologist".
Not even adding that he's a professor.

Well, I'd guess it will be at least a month, more likely two before these results are submitted and approved, so the alternative is just to get on with the one dose, and then double up if the second dose looks to significantly improve matters?

Too right, jab now work the rest out later!

66% effective against any symptoms whatsoever, 100% effective against serious covid and death. Mate, ill take that every day of the week.

apparently goes up to 90+% if you get a second dose of it, maybe they shohpd just noy do it as a one dose one because of pressure to get it rolled out.

I would get it, but look to get a more effective ine later on when all are done.

That is on a par with the flu jab every year.

And what matters as is said over and over as it is true is not getting REALLY ill from it as opposed to catching it and it being not much milder than death.

If you just have a winter bug not a death sentence really that is what matters with these vaccines. Especially as it saves the health service from seeing hospitals swamped that kill others by the fall out.

It is going to be a hard struggle getting many people to see this though if these figures are not properly explained.

The issue is that's not what has been drilled into everyone for the past 10 months, so I can see why people would rather wait for a better one so the chance of them catching the virus at all is further reduced. The fact that the virus is pretty much harmless for over 99% of people has been lost.

apparently goes up to 90+% if you get a second dose of it, maybe they shohpd just noy do it as a one dose one because of pressure to get it rolled out.

I would get it, but look to get a more effective ine later on when all are done.

I don't really see a reason you'd make it 2 doses?

If I have 20 million doses, who is going to choose between guaranteeing 20 million people don't die or get seriously ill, or guaranteeing 10 million people don't die or get seriously ill?

It's not worth it to double dose simply to guarantee people avoid mild illness when we still have so many unvaccinated people.

That is on a par with the flu jab every year.

And what matters as is said over and over as it is true is not getting REALLY ill from it as opposed to catching it and it being not much milder than death.

If you just have a winter bug not a death sentence really that is what matters with these vaccines. Especially as it saves the health service from seeing hospitals swamped that kill others by the fall out.

It is going to be a hard struggle getting many people to see this though if these figures are not properly explained.

I was semi serious, any vaccine is better than no vaccine and I would take it really, though as criticqlly vulnerqble would prefer a more effective one if offere

Tumpeting it as 66% effective will have some lean to the side of scepticism, I was curious if anti vaxers would respond tbh

Also all you hqd to do was quote this ;-)

I wouldn't place much credence in the current figures shown in the worldometer ( JH University in the US )

It says Australia has over 1800 actives when Sky News a much more reliable media reporting Public Health releases each day by State says we have 84 in total.

Far too much attention is focused on the active numbers and total new cases each day.

What matters is the death rates and r factor and world wide the mild to serious ratios which have steadily been coming down for sometime now at 0.4 which is encouraging is so called reliable reporting is to be believed.

I notice Biden in one of the 40 Executive Orders he has signed in 9 days all basically designed for " Unity " but in reality to undo the legacy of Trump in the name of unity which is typical of the left has given carte blanche for 9 million illegal immigrants to cross the border.

Perhaps he can given them all the three masks Fauci says its best to wear now as opposed to none he said was necessary a few months back that will do the trick nicely.

Good luck on introducing mass covid super spreading with that order Joe but of course we must unify America and fight the virus as he says

In other words lets get rid of all the non democrat voters first through covid death or as many as possible OF COURSE A FEW DEMOCRAT VOTERS WILL HAVE TO DIE AS A CONSEQUENCE AS LONG AS THEY DON'T MAKE IT TO WDC AND THE DEEP STATE and reintroduce OBAMA CARE (lol).

Seriously between him Harris and Pelosi they might outlive the rest of the US population.

The guy is a complete and utter nutter and China who won this election for him are laughing all the way to world domination.

The issue is that's not what has been drilled into everyone for the past 10 months, so I can see why people would rather wait for a better one so the chance of them catching the virus at all is further reduced. The fact that the virus is pretty much harmless for over 99% of people has been lost.
I know, as I said these figures are not being properly explained to people.

The messaging throughout has been terrible. If I had submitted half the things that get put out there by the government to one of my publishers it would have rightly been sent back with the word 'clarify' written across it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.