Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back of the cigarette packet time,but J&J initiated the single-dose Phase 1&2 trial on July 22nd 2020 and have their Phase 3 results now, so six months. In the interim, they initiated their double-dose Phase 1&2 trial on November 15th, so presumably they’ll have an inkling of the results of that and its Phase 3 around May 15th, which ought to be about the time they actually start delivering stocks.
If the double-dose proves significantly more effective, then would it not be prudent to wait and see before deciding which protocol to follow?

Back of the cigarette packet time,but J&J initiated the single-dose Phase 1&2 trial on July 22nd 2020 and have their Phase 3 results now, so six months. In the interim, they initiated their double-dose Phase 1&2 trial on November 15th, so presumably they’ll have an inkling of the results of that and its Phase 3 around May 15th, which ought to be about the time they actually start delivering stocks.
If the double-dose proves significantly more effective, then would it not be prudent to wait and see before deciding which protocol to follow?

Well, I'd guess it will be at least a month, more likely two before these results are submitted and approved, so the alternative is just to get on with the one dose, and then double up if the second dose looks to significantly improve matters?

Scotland data: 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today

deaths / cases / % positivity / patients / ventilated

93 d / 2309 c / 8.1% / 1530 p / 102 v

61 d / 2160 c /7.5% / 1860 p / 141 v

71 d / 1480 c /6.9%/ 2053 p / 161 v

70 d / 1155c /5.8% / 1958 p / 144 v Today

This looks a very promising track suggesting a plateau last week and now falling.

Similar to what appears to have occurred in England.
Early signs but good news for Scotland and hopefully the rest of us.

Well, I'd guess it will be at least a month, more likely two before these results are submitted and approved, so the alternative is just to get on with the one dose, and then double up if the second dose looks to significantly improve matters?

I thought it was going to the regulators next week, so a month or so for authorisation of the one-dose option?

I'd think they will have data for following up the current one-dose with a second, as well as any independent new two-dose option.

I think they must expect it to be authorised or they wouldn't submit; they can then start making/running the equipment so they're ready to go.

Wales data 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today

deaths / cases/ weekly pop/ % positivity / patients / ventilated

56 d / 2487 c / ???/ 20.6% / 1940 p / 143 v

54 d / 1808 c / Pop 372 / 9.5% / 1881 p / 135 v (13, 402 first dose vaccinations)

67 d / 801 c / Pop 271 / 12% / 1832 p / 134 v (21. 882 first dose vaccinations)

29 d / 546 c / Pop 172 / 4.1%/ 1745 p / 134 v (26, 182 first dose vaccinations) Today

This if anything looks better than Scotland

I expect the J & J will be the basis of the annual winter Covid jab on current evidence.

A single shot one is certainly needed for that.

Wales data 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today

deaths / cases/ weekly pop/ % positivity / patients / ventilated

56 d / 2487 c / ???/ 20.6% / 1940 p / 143 v

54 d / 1808 c / Pop 372 / 9.5% / 1881 p / 135 v (13, 402 first dose vaccinations)

67 d / 801 c / Pop 271 / 12% / 1832 p / 134 v (21. 882 first dose vaccinations)

29 d / 546 c / Pop 172 / 4.1%/ 1745 p / 134 v (26, 182 first dose vaccinations) Today

This if anything looks better than Scotland

That is so fucking damn good stuff. Huge drop in deaths, cases down, patients down, positivity plummeting and vaccinations up! Cmonnnnn Wales.

Good news day continues

744 England hospital deaths - well down on the 993 last Friday.

Biggest week to week fall in ages.

We may be seeing the first signs of the vaccine plus lockdown working

North West though still up at about 13% - slightly up on recent weeks and possibly the legacy from being the last region to get the big numbers pre the lockdown.

But happily we probably got in JUST in time to stop these numbers getting out of control. And that is really only 1 or 2 % up not the huge increases seen in December in the southern areas.

Deaths lag, of course, so we are likely still seeing the result of some of those tragedies that started before it began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.