Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seem to be growing calls from SAGE scientists to tighten restrictions to be more strict than March as the new strain will be much harder to contain than the first wave proved. Especially in mid winter versus early Spring.

They seem to think we are unlikely to see any downturn in cases and deaths for most of this month regardless.

Any thoughts on what day in January we will finally be told by government that harsher measures are required?
February .....going by past experience

There seem to be growing calls from SAGE scientists to tighten restrictions to be more strict than March as the new strain will be much harder to contain than the first wave proved. Especially in mid winter versus early Spring.

They seem to think we are unlikely to see any downturn in cases and deaths for most of this month regardless.

Any thoughts on what day in January we will finally be told by government that harsher measures are required?

what more can they do , what other restrictions can there be ?

given we were placed on lockdown only less than a week ago we have to surely see what affect it has .

I am hoping come February given the lockdown and the vaccines this will start to have an affect On the numbers.

the weather in January helps with people staying in anyway and everything being shut also helps !!!

what more can they do , what other restrictions can there be ?

given we were placed on lockdown only less than a week ago we have to surely see what affect it has .

I am hoping come February given the lockdown and the vaccines this will start to have an affect On the numbers.

the weather in January helps with people staying in anyway and everything being shut also helps !!!
Millions of people still have to interact every day for work in non-essential roles as their employers won’t allow them to work from home or furlough. Thousands of kids have to go to school at the moment who didn’t have to in the first lockdown - more unnecessary mixing.

I’ve stopped working (self employed), not because I have to, but because otherwise my 6 yr old daughter would have to be on Netflix all day by herself as her mum (the bigger earner in our household) wouldn’t get a moment away from her laptop to parent. If I hadn’t cancelled my work, I do get the impression I could have tried to get daughter in school if I pushed and mixing with lots of kids. School is at capacity and they’ve asked some parents to reconsider.

The question is what more can they do?
Peoples mental health is shot and I had a nervous breakdown last year and thought long about ending it.

I see my girlfriend on Saturdays and we have formed a bubble.
If I was told not to see here for weeks I wouldn't be able to cope on my own.
Others are the same and need a support network.
Not everyone in the country is married or has family, there is a big duty of care to people who live alone.
Sometimes I dont think people realise how bad isolation is.

The question is what more can they do?
Peoples mental health is shot and I had a nervous breakdown last year and thought long about ending it.

I see my girlfriend on Saturdays and we have formed a bubble.
If I was told not to see here for weeks I wouldn't be able to cope on my own.
Others are the same and need a support network.
Not everyone in the country is married or has family, there is a big duty of care to people who live alone.
Sometimes I dont think people realise how bad isolation is.
I don’t think seeing one, two or three people regularly is the problem. In my work I would have been interacting with 12+ people everyday, and I’m sure that’s a similar story for millions in the country. So work environments, and supermarkets (bring back limits on shoppers, social distancing), are the problems I see.

This is a never ending nightmare that is just getting worse and worse.

Millions of people still have to interact every day for work in non-essential roles as their employers won’t allow them to work from home or furlough. Thousands of kids have to go to school at the moment who didn’t have to in the first lockdown - more unnecessary mixing.

I’ve stopped working (self employed), not because I have to, but because otherwise my 6 yr old daughter would have to be on Netflix all day by herself as her mum (the bigger earner in our household) wouldn’t get a moment away from her laptop to parent. If I hadn’t cancelled my work, I do get the impression I could have tried to get daughter in school if I pushed and mixing with lots of kids. School is at capacity and they’ve asked some parents to reconsider.

it’s the same isnt it, schools are closed other than to key workers?

is going to school optional? I can send my son to school if I want to even though not a key worker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.