Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been to Aldi in Doncaster and I was amazed at how many didn’t wear face masks and I know this will offend people but the majority were east European. I’m not racist as I have Hungarian parents but this needs sorting .
My local Tesco an hour ago had police up and down the aisles after folk who have no masks on. A refreshing sight.

If you are too ill to wear a mask you shouldnt be out for your own safety. Ask a neighbour for help, they cannot all be so selfish they wouldn't shop for a vulnerable person. Problem is there are too many idiots hiding behind the phrase I'm exempt.

Not denying the the vast majority of people out there not wearing masks are just selfish wankers. 99% of them are.

but there are exceptions and there are those that have no real choice but to go shopping.

if everyone who can wear a mask does wear a mask it makes it infinitely safer for those who medically cant.

Example. trigeminal neuralgia. A relation of mine has that, he got it from shingles. its nerve damage on the face and is known as one of the most painful ailments around. putting glasses on or a mask looping around the ear could trigger it. thats a perfectly valid reason to not wear a mask while being healthy enough to go to the shops.

while I am exreemly pro mask. the idea that there are no exceptions is just wrong.

One good thing to do would be to keep the fucking press out!! Sick of seeing cameras and reporters inside hospital wards or old people’s homes watching them get vaccinated, it’s a fucking needle going into their arm, you can’t see anymore than that! When you realise that some of these people haven’t seen family for a while yet the press are in their it’s just wrong.
Spot on,Boris was at it again today.

I know Covid kills and if you are vulnerable why would you want to raise your risk of death to a certain fatality by doing something that another person can do for you?
If they have no family they cant rely on neighbours doing bits here and there ,it is just not practical , they have to get food and meds and all kinds of things they wouldnt feel happy asking a neighbour to get

Not denying the the vast majority of people out there not wearing masks are just selfish wankers. 99% of them are.

but there are exceptions and there are those that have no real choice but to go shopping.

if everyone who can wear a mask does wear a mask it makes it infinitely safer for those who medically cant.

Example. trigeminal neuralgia. A relation of mine has that, he got it from shingles. its nerve damage on the face and is known as one of the most painful ailments around. putting glasses on or a mask looping around the ear could trigger it. thats a perfectly valid reason to not wear a mask while being healthy enough to go to the shops.

while I am exreemly pro mask. the idea that there are no exceptions is just wrong.
Face shield?

46,000 positives reported today, and 7 day trend looks down.

That is very, very good news indeed, in that it suggests that current measures may be sufficient to suppress the new variant, which was far from certain.

Not definite yet, of course, shouldn't over-react to one day's figures, but makes the worst case of running through the whole population ahead of vaccination look a lot less likely.

Lockdowns work. Whoda thunk. Now, consider how many fewer cases we'd have if they'd done this Dec 20th when it was obvious it was coming.
Obviously it's great news but imagine how much better we'd have been let alone deaths saved if action was taken as we were pushing for on here mid December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.