Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
46,000 positives reported today, and 7 day trend looks down.

That is very, very good news indeed, in that it suggests that current measures may be sufficient to suppress the new variant, which was far from certain.

Not definite yet, of course, shouldn't over-react to one day's figures, but makes the worst case of running through the whole population ahead of vaccination look a lot less likely.

Lockdowns work. Whoda thunk. Now, consider how many fewer cases we'd have if they'd done this Dec 20th when it was obvious it was coming.

I mean, this is just bollocks because I didn’t leave the house, to go for a walk or the shop, when I had Covid... or when the Mrs had it after me. I isolated 26 days because of timings with contact and my dad went shopping for me twice.

Is that what I’m supposed to do now? Is it fuck.

Edit: not aiming that at you Kaz I mean Hancock :-)
I dont think he means those who have had it , more to make people think twice before going out . I would rather he be a lot stricter with his comments

Just been to Aldi in Doncaster and I was amazed at how many didn’t wear face masks and I know this will offend people but the majority were east European. I’m not racist as I have Hungarian parents but this needs sorting .

You clearly have no idea what it is like , especially old people on their own
I know Covid kills and if you are vulnerable why would you want to raise your risk of death to a certain fatality by doing something that another person can do for you?

I dont think he means those who have had it , more to make people think twice before going out . I would rather he be a lot stricter with his comments
I agree they need to hammer it but I find that a ridiculous statement that will likely turn people off.

46,000 positives reported today, and 7 day trend looks down.

That is very, very good news indeed, in that it suggests that current measures may be sufficient to suppress the new variant, which was far from certain.

Not definite yet, of course, shouldn't over-react to one day's figures, but makes the worst case of running through the whole population ahead of vaccination look a lot less likely.

Lockdowns work. Whoda thunk. Now, consider how many fewer cases we'd have if they'd done this Dec 20th when it was obvious it was coming.
Sunday numbers , lets see what tomorrow throws up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.