Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just predicted 6th to 12th Feb for me, I'm 66. What surprised and disappointed me was they were using a percentage uptake of only 70.6% in the calculation, I assume that's based on the actual uptake to date and is a bit lower than I would have thought.
They have used the same figure from the very beginning, it’s a guesstimate like the whole calculator

It just predicted 6th to 12th Feb for me, I'm 66. What surprised and disappointed me was they were using a percentage uptake of only 70.6% in the calculation, I assume that's based on the actual uptake to date and is a bit lower than I would have thought.
13th Feb to 3rd of March for me, I’m 53 so the rest of me must be fucked ;-)

Here’s a question: was offered the flu jab a while back (before COVID19 hit me) and understand it may give protection over the more severe effects of the disease (?), but given I’ve now had (have) covid is it worth pursuing?
Of course, just to prevent picking up flu (after going through this) but might it be a bit late in the day for it now?

If rather sit with restrictions until June knowing than once they start being lifted, all being well, it would be the last time.

I'm absolutely hating living like this, shut away on my own in my house, but rather that for longer than have to go back I to lockdown a few mo ths down the road.

Me too the problem is I don't think anyone trusts the government anymore so grab anything they can. We will never have zero covid cases or deaths unless the disease miraculously burnt itself out so at some point we are going to have to get on with living. Nobody wants to be home imprisoned forever.

According to that vaccine calculator I should get mine in about 2 weeks. The same 2 weeks the NW supply is being diverted elsewhere (presumably London as they have not had enough there according to BBC news). And since NW is doing too well and so ahead in their programme so can afford to have our supply sent elsewhere.

I doubt it is sensitive enough to be much more than creating guesstimates based on raw numbers ahead in a queue as it will take no account of major regional differences like these.

But I will be more than happy if it proves correct. I on the other hand will be surprised to see a needle this side of March.
Half of the supplies intended for Yorkshire and Humber were redirected last week (reportedly) yet there was enough vaccine to offer the jab to over 70s and any adult who was shielding, in Leeds. Over 75s (possibly over 70s), with significant underlying health conditions in Manchester, could receive the vaccine last week.

The combination of the NHS (and wider Health Sector), the Army and the volunteers are making very good progress with distribution and giving out jabs. You might be eligible for your sooner than you think (even with a portion of vaccines redirected South.

If rather sit with restrictions until June knowing than once they start being lifted, all being well, it would be the last time.

I'm absolutely hating living like this, shut away on my own in my house, but rather that for longer than have to go back I to lockdown a few mo ths down the road.

I agree.

I was never a lockdown sceptic as such but was extremely frustrated businesses had to close ruining livelihoods and the economy. Looking back in summer, the tier system was a calamity with eat out to help out etc. I'd rather we soldier on through this last home straight as you say until June if it means we can go back to normality as best we can as opposed to lifting restrictions early and going back to the tiered approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.