Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
listening to Hancock last night talking about the south african variant, on the one hand he was saying it isnt any more dangerous than the normal covid just more contagious but on the other they are doing all they can to stop it including mass testing. Its clearly already here and in bigger numbers than they know given that about a third of people dont have symptoms, and test and trace isnt that effective, so all the mass testing seems a bit pointless especially if its not more dangerous. Unless of course it isnt?
An individual case is not more dangerous. Faster spread of the variant makes it more dangerous. We were too slow to restrict access to our borders and the testing is an attempt to limit the spread of the South African variant before it is wide spread.

judging by everything previous - I’m guessing this will spread rapidly everywhere.
It depends just how transmissible it is. If it's R(t) is less than the UK variant then it will decline but if it's slightly more transmissible it could expand. I think it might be more of a fishing expedition to see how much of it there is out there. The worry of course is vaccine evasion but that you would expect to happen slowly. If we can reduce the amount of variant strain then that cuts the risk too

Awful experience last night. My mum is 71 and in the last leg of her losing battle with cancer.
got to hers last night and saw her vaccine offer letter.
shes bed ridden now and as she said with a chuckle, “whats the point in having it done”.

its bad news that is magnified because of covid that gets me down. With not a lot of fun in life currently the shit seems ten times worse

god for a bit of normality!!!!!!
My mum is end of life cancer and got an offer of the jab a week last Saturday. At that point she was managing to get up each day, get dressed etc But hadn’t left the house since early December. 4 of us took her for her jab, using car and wheelchair. Big mistake. She hasnt got out of bed since and has gone downhill rapidly. I don’t think it’s the vaccine, just the whole effort. I so wish we hadn’t bothered.

My mum is end of life cancer and got an offer of the jab a week last Saturday. At that point she was managing to get up each day, get dressed etc But hadn’t left the house since early December. 4 of us took her for her jab, using car and wheelchair. Big mistake. She hasnt got out of bed since and has gone downhill rapidly. I don’t think it’s the vaccine, just the whole effort. I so wish we hadn’t bothered.
took my mum(she's 82 next month) for the jab at the Etihad a week last Monday,couldn't lift her head up til the weekend,wiped her clean out,said she won't be going back for the 2nd jab....

That’s sad to hear mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.