Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that anybody gives a fuck but we have just had our stay at home order (began on boxing day) extended until March 8th at a minimum. I haven't worked this year and nobody wants us in their house.
The **** that runs this country reckons I will be vaccinated by Sept. So by my calculations, that will be next April.
Hopefully I don't starve to death before then.

And what happens after your two week mega lockdown then? Cases don’t creep up after?
Difference this time is the vaccine which cuts transmission and reduces hospitalisation and deaths significantly.
Cases peaked at 68K 5 weeks ago, today 12K so it’s clearly working and vaccine impact to come too.
As lockdown is gently eased vaccinations continue at pace so in another 6 weeks all over 50’s and vulnerable are done.
So it should indeed be the last time lockdown is needed.
fine ok so we ease lockdown with circa 12000 cases a day is that what you are suggesting then? I posted this orignially as Healdplace pointed out that cases seemed to be plateauing.

Last edited:
I’ve missed so much of this thread and despite the occasional ‘bumps in the road’, it’s been incredibly informative.

Fitting that those very same scientists I followed from day one & have been consistent with their opinions (that a vaccine would get us out of this eventually ) alongside the social distancing measures in place).

Not sure if I’ve overdone it this week but I’m utterly exhausted.
Way better btw, but lethargy & that heart racing issue that others have mentioned.
I expected to be running by now (nearly 6 weeks on from the first symptoms).
Speaking to a guy at work and he mentioned the average time after covid to return to running is around ten weeks.

I won’t return till I know I’m all good.
Listen to your body and take your time. I had Acute Bronchitis around this time, two years ago. It knocked me sideways for some weeks. It made realise that I wasn't in a hurry to go somewhere. Where you've been most probably more severe but the same applies. Take your time.

I’ve missed so much of this thread and despite the occasional ‘bumps in the road’, it’s been incredibly informative.

Fitting that those very same scientists I followed from day one & have been consistent with their opinions (that a vaccine would get us out of this eventually ) alongside the social distancing measures in place).

Way better btw, but lethargy & that heart racing issue that others have mentioned.
Speaking to a guy at work and he mentioned the average time after covid to return to running is around ten weeks.

Mate, good to see you posting but I really hope you don't mind me saying to perhaps lower, if not cancel any expectations you've got in your head. You've taken it sore in terms of exhaustion and lethargy, if I were you I'd be getting running out of my head just now and not beginning to focus on that until the exhaustion eases. No time frames or expectations, just as it comes and feels better. You know your own body and it'll tell you what's right.

I'm sure you'll battle through it fella, just take it easy.

It's from the telegraph, so I take it with a pinch of salt. But I have to say, if accurate, then this is exactly the type of caution I'd hope would see us get out of this mess for good. That's if the public stick to what's being proposed, but I'm a fan of the slowly but surely approach as opposed to going ho with major regrets in months down the line.

The problem with this or any plan is recently cases are not dropping. So all this plan is relying on is the vaccine being rolled out with the semi lockdown with currently have. Is that sufficient?

The problem with this or any plan is recently cases are not dropping. So all this plan is relying on is the vaccine being rolled out with the semi lockdown with currently have. Is that sufficient?
Yeah case numbers which are levelling off will start to rise again as soon as schools open up, probably not at a rate to cause too much concern given where we are in the vaccination program but maybe enough to stop any further relaxation for quite some time.

fine ok so we ease lockdown with circa 12000 cases a day is that what you are suggesting then? I posted this orignially as Healdplace pointed out that cases seemed to be plateauing.
Very gentle easing. Still another 2 weeks until schools go back (cases should continue to fall slowly) as with more vaccines transmission will continue to fall as well. Hospital numbers are less than half what they were only a couple of weeks ago. By end March prediction is all vulnerable and over 50’s are done thus hospitalisations will continue to drop dramatically.
Just look at Israel to see how it should look here in a few more weeks.

Listen to your body and take your time. I had Acute Bronchitis around this time, two years ago. It knocked me sideways for some weeks. It made realise that I wasn't in a hurry to go somewhere. Where you've been most probably more severe but the same applies. Take your time.

I had acute bronchitis. That was bloody awful. I had problems breathing for two weeks. When I say 'problems breathing', I mean having to take a break once or twice when going up the stairs in the house.

Good to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully won't be wrong until you start running again.

Very gentle easing. Still another 2 weeks until schools go back (cases should continue to fall slowly) as with more vaccines transmission will continue to fall as well. Hospital numbers are less than half what they were only a couple of weeks ago. By end March prediction is all vulnerable and over 50’s are done thus hospitalisations will continue to drop dramatically.
Just look at Israel to see how it should look here in a few more weeks.
ok i understand that and it sounded fine to me a week or so, but cases are now not falling, so the question is would you still ease lockdown at the end of March if we are getting 12000 cases a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.