Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won’t have had anywhere near the level of Asians entering their countries that we have.
Ah right.
I see.
Maybe we should have imposed a travel ban on India say two weeks earlier at the same time as we did with Bangladesh?
Might have reduced the spread of the variant.
I'm sure BoJo will explain everything at this evening's press conference.

I cant figure those who say theyre not going to take any notice. What are they going to do. Go to closed nightclub? Show up at a non existent festival. Sneak an extra 30 into their wedding? Fly to New York? Most of the restrictions left, we have very little control over.

This is it. Its now just the big organised stuff we can't do. I've mentioned it on here a couple of times but I should be going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in July. That's due to be held the day before restrictions are lifted now which is gutting. All these people saying they're just going to carry on and ignore the restrictions now but what can I do? Turn up at the gate and just demand to be let in!

Northern Ireland data:

0 deaths - was 0 last week

87 cases - was 54 last week

7.3% positivity - was 3.1% last week

Rolling 7 day total 694 - was 523 last week

2 care home outbreaks - same as last week

15 Patients - was 18 last Friday and 16 last week

0 ventilated - was 0 last Friday and last week

N Ireland still doing pretty well with no obvious influence from Delta. Shows how having a big load of water in the way helps a bit. For now. It will get there sadly.

Germany has a much larger population than the U.K. 84m vs 68m so one would expect they’re giving more jabs per day.

But we’ve jabbed 63% of our population and they’ve jabbed 47% (France at 46%).

That’s a resounding success.

As posted earlier, Germany (and the EU as a whole) is jabbing more per capita than the UK, currently ~6 weeks behind per capita but slowly catching up.

I'd say the whole of the western world has had resounding success with vaccines. The UK remains a little ahead, but has problems for other reasons.

Overall, it very much looks as though we will exit the pandemic restrictions on a roughly similar timescale.

We have higher deaths per capita than the EU on average, and have had more restrictions in place overall too, as far as such things can be measured. It also appears we have a higher GDP impact, though as I understand it some of that is down to measurement.

So total deaths from the 3 nations (including 2 days from Wales) 0. With 2 from England = 2. Was 1 last Monday.

I await someone suggesting it has doubled in 7 days!

Total cases from the 3 nations with England to come (also 2 days data for Wales remember) is 1095. It was 770 last week.

why is there one rule for people travelling abroad? Surely if someone is flying to see family or they know someone is sick (with non Covid illness) then surely they can be exempt from the rules? I get not letting a group of 20 go on a stag do, although allowing thousands to fly to a football match is apparently okay, but we create different scenarios/rules for everything else. This amber light, which most countries fall under, is so wooly!

Same for wedding and funerals. You see hundreds of drunks leaping on top of each other at Wembley yesterday but you can’t hold a wedding at the moment. Crazy.

Seriously?
Well, Frankfurt had loads of ppl arriving from India etc and asking for a single ticket to uk. Did nobody there cotton on? Of course they did. Did they connive, encourage, shrug their shoulders? Not our problem, mate, send them on. Lots of things they could have done to stop the arrivals in the first place.
Did they tell UK authorities?
I may be being cynical, but there was a disgraceful nationalistic streak to behaviour of both Germany and France re vaccines.
We've seen precious little co- operation re covid since Brexit.

This is it. Its now just the big organised stuff we can't do. I've mentioned it on here a couple of times but I should be going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in July. That's due to be held the day before restrictions are lifted now which is gutting. All these people saying they're just going to carry on and ignore the restrictions now but what can I do? Turn up at the gate and just demand to be let in!
Try taking a strongly worded letter with you :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.