Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there restrictions and compulsory mask wearing where you are KnaresboroughBlue? The UK have dropped all restrictions and if there are still some restrictions where you are, that may be the difference perhaps? I hoped that the uk cases and hospitalisations would be lower as the summer wore on, but it seems as though the daily numbers are staying pretty flat and not reducing, possibly even starting to increase slightly here.
We have mask wearing on public transport and in shops but not much elsewhere. Otherwise very few restrictions and things are pretty normal with lots of tourists here over the Summer which I thought might cause a spike. I just can't work out why we haven't seen the same level of increases.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when schools go back in a weeks time.

We have mask wearing on public transport and in shops but not much elsewhere. Otherwise very few restrictions and things are pretty normal with lots of tourists here over the Summer which I thought might cause a spike. I just can't work out why we haven't seen the same level of increases.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when schools go back in a weeks time.

If I recall rightly, Czech track and trace got a lot of praise first wave?

No idea if that's true, but if it is, and still very effective, could make a very big difference particularly if cases are low.

There is a great deal that puzzles me and troubles me in equal measure:
we are one of the most advanced vaccinated nation in the world yet our infection rate is one of the worst. How come?
our over 50's are pretty much double jabbed yet in Scotland, just last week, 180 people from that age segment were hospitalised. How come?
Dumfries and Galloway is one of the most vaccinated areas of Scotland yet just now it has one of the worst infection rates in Europe. How come?
If anyone has the answer please tell me because I am really starting to feel uneasy about the level of protection the vaccination programme is giving us. And I know that being vaccinated is supposed to cut your chance of infection by approx 70% and then even if you are infected the symptoms are reduced and the chances of hospitalisation or death are almost eliminated. You can pass on the virus if you have been vaccinated and subsequently are infected. That is what we are being told.

All the indications from here, and Israel where there's really good data is that protection against infection is good (~70%) and against severe disease excellent (90%+). These are not as good as against earlier variants, but actually still better than people originally thought likely.

I've no idea about Dumfries specifics, but generally we opened up with an already very high infection rate, which implies a high hospitalisation rate, even if 90% of people are vaccinated and the vaccine is 90% effective against hospitalisation.

No one wearing a mask at City yesterday.

I saw quite a few, even outside. But a minority for sure.

The concourses are a breeding ground, I'd like to see drinks allowed in the stands to reduce crowding. And I'm sure they could do a lot more on ventilating those areas. And doubtless there are many other small things that added up make a worthwhile difference.

Until hospitalisation is lower, I think we should be taking sensible, low impact measures to reduce transmission. Masking in poorly ventilated crowded areas is one of those, IMO.

What we want to avoid is hospitalisation rising so high as to get really restrictive measures like limiting or eliminating crowds again.

This.
Post match the lack of alternative facilities meant the Summerbee bar was rammed making it a nice mini Covid breeding ground.
I was in East stand upper
Pre match I got a bite to eat wore my mask
Saw nobody else at all wear one apart from the staff.

The rising numbers just keep bringing me back to a state of mind where I feel we’re gonna need permanent restrictions in place so hospitals still don’t fill up despite the vaccinations given. I’m aware vaccines have worked in some capacity, as deaths I’m sure would have been much more than they are right now but it still feels like it’ll never be enough. I want to enjoy myself with everything available now and yet I can’t shake this depressing feeling that we’re gonna be fucked no matter what we do. Either the hospitals get overwhelmed again and we’re gonna be back into a long lockdown or we’re gonna suffer shitty social restrictions. Fucking sick of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.