Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to believe New Zealand can truly 'eliminate' Covid but it seems a trick that will be all but impossible if they ever want to fully open up to the world. Because a country that has almost no immunity from T Cells etc from a population that has largely caught it will always be vulnerable to the next variant of concern arriving on its shores unless it seals off indefinitely.

Of course, if anyone can do it New Zealand would be it. A tiny island nation effectively out of reach by most other places unless you intend to be going there.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out for them and I hope her confidence is justified as any way out of this mess that is proven to work - even if unlikely to translate to most other nations on our crowded planet - will tell us useful things about what to do the next time we get something like Covid only much worse.

You can bet terrorists have already seen the way economies can be brought to their knees with a virus in a far more terrifying manner than with guns.
New Zealand is approximately the same size as the U.K, with demographic and geographical advantages. Of course they have big challenges ahead so does Israel and the U.K, who were at the forefront of the vaccine roll out.

New Zealand needs to ramp up vaccine roll out but it’s always more difficult to create urgency when there are very few cases. At least medicine and science has advanced over the last 20 months.

Btw, If I was living in New Zealand I wouldn’t be in a rush to open up borders beyond Australasia. The Kiwis were having a fantastic lifestyle when we were deep in lockdown.

One of the things I love about my gym is that I have this sense of community build round people trying to physically (and mentally) better themselves.
Nothing more than friendly nods to the majority, but there's this kinship simmering away nicely.

Mentioned to a guy I often chat to (again, only about 'excercisy' things) that I had long Covid so still can't do any cardio (6 months on). Told him I was double jabbed which then rapidly turns into a 'I'm not anti-vcxx' speech.
PHD in microbiology (or similar - couldn't quite hear as I had one those heart sinking/'ffs' moments.
Natural immunity is far better than the vaccine immunity and I'm not having it as it's 'experimental and the FDA haven't approved 'it' and for a full house 'do your own research' (which one was it he didn't elaborate.
I could do little else than smile and give him the sense that he was on his own in this argument.

This is why I don't bring politics into the gym. I want this as my refuge and the language to be over 'gym stuff' rather than anything else.

One of the things I love about my gym is that I have this sense of community build round people trying to physically (and mentally) better themselves.
Nothing more than friendly nods to the majority, but there's this kinship simmering away nicely.

Mentioned to a guy I often chat to (again, only about 'excercisy' things) that I had long Covid so still can't do any cardio (6 months on). Told him I was double jabbed which then rapidly turns into a 'I'm not anti-vcxx' speech.
PHD in microbiology (or similar - couldn't quite hear as I had one those heart sinking/'ffs' moments.
Natural immunity is far better than the vaccine immunity and I'm not having it as it's 'experimental and the FDA haven't approved 'it' and for a full house 'do your own research' (which one was it he didn't elaborate.
I could do little else than smile and give him the sense that he was on his own in this argument.

This is why I don't bring politics into the gym. I want this as my refuge and the language to be over 'gym stuff' rather than anything else.
So did you ask him out or not?

Lol. Agreed. I witnessed an anti vaxxer banging on about how great it was to be back in the gym at the same as pretty much calling anyone who was vaccinated an idiot. Guy just shot him down with, you do realise it's us vaccinated idiots who have allowed this gym to reopen. You dumb fuck.

One my mates has turned Anti Vax, he does any pill going at Festivals.
It's a lot more about the psychology of not liking being told to do something that actual concerns with the vaccine behind most anti Vax sentiment imho.

When one of these selfish wankers dies you can all come on here and dance round the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.