Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCOTLAND DATA

Still not looking great.

22 deaths - was 10 last week - think this is the most in some time.

6815 cases - was 6711 last week - up slightly but at least it is no longer escalating.

11.1% positivity - was 12.1% last week - More tests and so lower positivity is good

977 patients - up 49 on yesterday - was 653 last week - Up 50% week to week

82 ventilated icu - down 5 on yesterday - was 60 last week - A lot of deaths today may well be a factor here

I had hoped we would avoid 1000 in hospital but that looks like being passed in next day or two.

Patients are the highest since 24 February.

Ventilators are the highest since 25 February.

In January at the peak of the wave Scotland had 2053 in hospital and 161 on ventilator beds.

So we are close to 50% of that limit.

IF the school numbers create a similar rise to half what it was in January in England we could expect

about 17,000 patients in England alone (it is currently 6254)

AND 1868 on ventilators (it is currently 887)

THIS is why what happens in England and if it tracks what happened in Scotland since schools opened is such a big deal.

Over 20,000 in hospital and 2000 on ventilators in the UK going into Winter would be a real concern.

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

6 deaths - was 9 last week - these are falling often now which is good news

1687 cases - was 1248 last week - up but that is not the full story

4.9% positivity - was 6.9 % last week - why? Because LOTS more tests mostly in schools

10, 475 weekly cases - was 10, 204 yesterday & 8952 last week - going up BUT see below...

119 CARE HOME outbreaks - was 125 yesterday & 130 last week

THIS IS FALLING NOW AND WILL BE WHY HIGH CASES FROM SCHOOLS IS ONE THING BUT LOWER DEATHS FROM THE MOST VULNERABLE IS DISCONNECTED FROM THAT

461 patients - DOWN 11 on yesterday - was 409 last week - so going up wk to wwk but nowhere near as in Scotland

35 ventilated - was 34 yesterday & 38 last week.

THE WEEKLY CASES SHOW THE FOLLOWING CHANGES SINCE YESTERDAY.

UP BY 271 - OF THESE THERE ARE 290 MORE AGED UNDER 19 - 4490

AND 1188 - DOWN FROM 1195 - OVER 60

SO DAY BY DAY THE SPLIT OF CASES IS SKEWING TOWARDS SCHOOL AGE AND AWAY FROM THE OLDER MORE VULNERABLE

WHY THE HOSPITAL NUMBERS ARE NOT GOING THE SAME WAY AS IN SCOTLAND

FOR NOW AT LEAST

So the total deaths today with out of hospital England to add is:- 151

Last week at this stage the number was 102 - so a 50% rise week to week all the rise being in England and Scotland.

That 102 became 121 later last week - when 19 out of hospital deaths in England were added.

And the three nation cases today with England to come is:- 10, 969 (it was 10, 964 yesterday)

Last week at this stage it was 10,350

Yesterday England added 27, 049 to total 38, 013

And last Friday England added 31, 726 to total 42, 076

That number in England last Friday was the highest since 23 July.

Every day since then in England has been between 27 and 29K

Thanks for the numbers @Healdplace. This maybe the wrong thread, but what on earth are our government doing about Covid now? I know that they have been on their summer jollies and cannot possibly be interrupted, but this is a national disaster. Is this the new normal and just to be expected going forwards?

Thanks for the numbers @Healdplace. This maybe the wrong thread, but what on earth are our government doing about Covid now? I know that they have been on their summer jollies and cannot possibly be interrupted, but this is a national disaster. Is this the new normal and just to be expected going forwards?

It really isn’t a national disaster unless you have lost all sense of proportionality

I find the lack of regular updates on Covid alarming. Are Scotland still getting daily updates from Nicola Sturgeon.

As always, Dr Chris Smith at midnight on Radio 5 live is a great source of information on the state of Covid.

147 all settings deaths

37, 622 cases

26, 653 from England

Down from 27, 049 England yesterday and 31. 726 last Friday.

This is still quite surprising. But in a good way.

11K less pillar 1 & 2 tests today than yesterday - total 1, 228, 787

That is 82 K MORE than last week.

So positivity will be well down.

It really isn’t a national disaster unless you have lost all sense of proportionality
Really, over 130,000 people dead and daily deaths regularly over 100 in the uk from this virus? When there are floods that cause property damage, injuries and possibly some deaths, the government are all over it. Yet here we are with over a hundred people dying every day and they have gone missing. I would also say that losing a relative or friend, especially if at a younger age, is awfully traumatic for those people who are left behind. It appears to me that this is a situation that is now considered as acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.