Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here now and we're at level three so not too bad, although they've reintroduced the wearing of masks outside which I hate. I don't want to carry my phone everywhere which is where my passes are. As all Brits have to be double jabbed it would be great if they gave us a pass on arrival we could use.
Yeah outside is a bit off hope it changes by Feb

The Canary Islands endorsing the use of covid passports as good as everywhere as law. I'm all fully jabbed but I feel this is a step too far

The Superior Court of Justice of the Canary Islands (TSJC) has ratified the request of the regional government for the use of the COVID certificate to be mandatory for access to hospitality, catering and leisure establishments, and some cultural venues including theatres and cinemas.

The TSJC has agreed to endorse the sanitary measures proposed by the Canary Islands Government for an initial period of one month from its publication in the Official Boletin of the Canary Islands (BOC), and a new authorization will be necessary if the Government wants an extension, according to a press release from the TSJC today (Friday).

Until now, the Canary Islands Government had offered the certificate for voluntary use by hospitality businesses, but given the advance of infections last Monday, asked the TSJC to make it mandatory.

The compulsory use of the Covid Certificate will come into force after its publication in the Official Boletin of the Canary Islands, and affects everyone over 12 years and 3 months old on the islands at alert Levels 3 and 4, who want to access certain establishments or public spaces.

This certificate will be required as proof of full vaccination, to show a negative Covid test result(self-diagnostic tests are not valid) carried out a maximum of 48 hours in advance, or a recovery certificate within the previous 11 and 180 days.

It will be compulsory in hotels, bars, and restaurants with a minimum capacity of 30 people, in nightlife establishments with the same capacity or in which, regardless of this, the consumption of food is allowed, as well as in betting and gambling venues.

The Covid Certificate must be presented to enter cinemas, theatres, auditoriums, and the like, with a capacity of 50 or more people or where eating or drinking is allowed; in gyms and sports centres, and in health and social health centres to accompany patients and users, with certain exceptions.

The Covid Certificate must also be presented to attend celebrations, music festivals, sporting events and public shows attended by more than 500 people or, in which it is allowed to eat or drink.

This requirement will not apply to the Canarian derby between Tenerife and Las Palmas, given that professional football and basketball have "a specific and singular regulation, with their own rules", according to the Government of the Canary Islands.
I wonder what the bit regarding negative COVID test means when it says ‘self diagnostic tests not valid‘. Does that mean you have to get a PCR?

I wonder what the bit regarding negative COVID test means when it says ‘self diagnostic tests not valid‘. Does that mean you have to get a PCR?
An in clinic lateral flow would suffice I’m guessing. Cost me 35 Euros for one in Tenerife before flying home a couple of weeks ago, which is semi reasonable as a one-off but bloody expensive if you need to get one done every time you go on the lash!

An in clinic lateral flow would suffice I’m guessing. Cost me 35 Euros for one in Tenerife before flying home a couple of weeks ago, which is semi reasonable as a one-off but bloody expensive if you need to get one done every time you go on the lash!
Ah yes. That makes sense. It would certainly be an incentive to get vaccinated. I feel the current system we have here regarding lateral flow tests as an alternative to a COVID passport is just too open to abuse.

Deaths down 9 from last Friday (was 146 according to Healdplace), this is looking more and more like good news…

I really hope so, hopefully, a mixture of Vaccines, immunity, hands, face, space and many thousands of vulnerable dead means we are slowly moving to the other side. I expect more variants and more boosters but less and less deaths. Sometime in the future the pandemic will be downgraded to level 1 and we can all be free again including all the vulnerable people shielding not just the ones who are too selfish to care.

Mad question, but why are vaccines still designed to the original wuhan variant, we've has beta, delta now Omicron, no wonder it stops working after 10 weeks,

Why have not started to change it after 2 years and god knows how many variants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.