Coronavirus (2022) thread

Vic on your chest and back eat healthy no dairy products honey Lemon ginger.

I’m a meat eating milk drinking omnivore - but I’ve got to admit, when I had a (non covid) chest infection a few months back i cut down on the dairy and it cleared rapid so there could be some truth to that. My mrs is mostly vegan so we already had oat milk etc in the house already.

I can’t get into vegan cheese though. Absolutely rank, awful, disgusting shite that smells and tastes of a blend of foot crust and vomit.

Oat/almond milk is really nice in cereal and coffee though. Can’t stomach it in tea mind, need proper milk for that.

I’ve basically avoided a lot of the covid malarkey since Christmas, for my own mental health. Being glued to the second by second updates is good for nobody unless you’re a government scientist.

Only just figured out that today is the day masks have officially been sacked off.

Is it scientifically definitive that Omicron is milder than delta then?

Yes.

and 12 months later plus ca change
We received updates to the updated updates today: kids don’t have to wear masks but it’s now advised (again)!that staff continue to wear in “communal areas “ such as corridors, staff rooms etc. Which is different to the advice we got sent Tuesday. Nobody’s listening now.

We received updates to the updated updates today: kids don’t have to wear masks but it’s now advised (again)!that staff continue to wear in “communal areas “ such as corridors, staff rooms etc. Which is different to the advice we got sent Tuesday. Nobody’s listening now.

as far as I have seen infections are growing fastest amongst unvaccinated kids - is that advice based on the fact Javid thinks that staff in staff rooms and staff in corridors are at risk of infection but stood in a room of kids that are unvaccinated of whom one or more may be infected is somehow safer? Have they delivered the what was is 70,000 air purifiers they needed now?

So called 'Long Covid' Is there a reliable test available to confirm that it is an actual medical condition?

Not a test per se, but analysis of symptoms.

it is a confirmed medical condition and there is a literal metric fuckton on info out there on it.

Still lots of studying to find the root cause but latest seems to be suggesting micro blood clots causing issues.

Virtue signaling by Tesco and other shops again. They haven't enforced mask wearing to a level that actually works since summer 2020.
BBC News - Tesco encourages shoppers and staff to keep wearing masks
Tesco are knobs, they're still persisting with this ridiculous one way in one way out system that makes no sense whatsoever. As you say, virtue signalling to the nth degree.

The cough can go on for months , a whole year of antibiotics, steroids and inhalers for me , it goes in its own sweet time unfortunately , sounds like you have tried everything , it is not easy to stop, maybe ask about steroids and inhalers
Sorry, missed the point that I have an inhaler.
Sounds like I've got to grin a bear it and just hope it goes sooner rather than later.
It doesn't look good when I have a coughing fit when I work in a school.
Thanks for the info :-)

Data is emerging from Gauteng, where the Omicron COVID strain first surfaced, which is giving experts cause for concern.

According to figures from the South African province, the BA.2 form of the variant has replaced the original BA.1 strain at a fairly rapid pace.

Epidemiologist and senior fellow with the American Federation of Scientists Eric Feigl-Ding says the data is "not a good signal".

While there is no evidence that this subvariant causes more severe illness that BA.1, there are growing indications that it is significantly more transmissible.

He points to a new study from Denmark that indicates BA.2 is one and a half times more contagious than BA.1.

But perhaps the biggest source of experts' fears is that its potential to cause reinfection relatively quickly could prolong the pandemic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.