Coronavirus (2022) thread

Last year was 6 weeks ago. The figures came out for 2020 suicides in Autumn 2021 so we won’t be getting 2021’s until late this year.

But we’ve barely had any restrictions at all for the last 11 months so I don’t see how lockdowns wound have any impact because we’ve not been in any lockdowns.

That’s omicron is it? Because I specifically stated omicron and your source doesn’t seem to be speaking just about omicron.

Also given fewer people died in January 2022 than during the average of the 5 preceding years (discounting 2021 to make it a fair comparison), it’s safe to say that if Omicron had a higher fatality rate than Flu, we’d have seen an above average rate of death given more people caught omicron this winter than would normally catch Flu.

He won't like that fact one little bit.

The numbers must be wrong!!??

Its the wrong data !!??

But they said we were going to get 3000 to 10000 hospital admissions a day!!!.

How can it be the same or better than flu!!.

Bla bla bla

i hope you are right but its certainly affected mental health in a bad way . then again it was a bbc report lol
It was a University of Manchester report that was on the BBC website.

And while it said more people reached out for mental health help, does that mean that the pandemic or lockdowns “affected mental health in a bad way”? Or did it simply mean people had more time on their hands, because they weren’t doing anything during lockdowns, to reach out?

From a personal point of view, and I know a fair few others who have experienced the same thing, lockdowns changed my life… for the better! I, and many others, sorted our health and fitness out during lockdowns and many people had a personal health revolution off the back of them, many people picked up new hobbies and interests as well.
I’ve not been in this good shape since I was in my early 20s and my mental health is miles better off the back of it. And it wouldn’t have happened without lockdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no evidence to back your theory up.

<citation needed>
also i never said during lockdowns .my thoughts are on the damage they have caused and as i have said time will tell once all the figures are looked at for everything over the 2 years and then we can learn from any mistakes made either way for when it happens in the future!

Corona virus seems here to stay.

The disease has jumped - apparently - to other species such as deer.

Even - if by some miracle we were to vaccinate enough humans to curtail the spread of a current variant - other variants seem likely to emerge via other species.

also i never said during lockdowns .my thoughts are on the damage they have caused and as i have said time will tell once all the figures are looked at for everything over the 2 years and then we can learn from any mistakes made either way for when it happens in the future!
Huh? The figures are all year round.

However you try to reshape your argument, the figures aren’t backing you up.

i hope you are right but its certainly affected mental health in a bad way . then again it was a bbc report lol
Some peoples mental health yes, how many I couldn't say. Most people though have coped okay and some have re evaluated their lives and come out of it with a better work life balance. There is no one outcome from any of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.