Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If the Pl get to play games in June and July, we will have to play through August in the CL, then our players will have to play through next season then many will have to play in the Euros the following June. This could mean that some of our players could be playing for 13/14 months in a row without a break.

Marvin is clearly out of sync with practically everyone on this thread but he is right to point out that football is a business and it is attempting to do what more or less every business is trying to do....get back to work in a way that this unprecedented situation allows.

This thread seems to have become the go to one for all those who loathe what football has become and who seemingly long for a return to simpler times when it cost hardly anything to get into a match at a dilapidated stadium and you could happily batter fuck out of all & sundry.

Football without fans is shit and I won't be spending any money to view it but I do want the chance to get back in my seat to attend games whenever that is possible. Football without clubs is a far worse outcome.

It's the way they PL et al are trying to re-start football, that annoys most, it seems. Come on, they are advocating the same competition under a set of completely different rules. Surely they can scrap this season's competition and start next season with a bit of pre-season training thrown in.
If it's solely about getting the game re-started and clubs finances back on track.

Can I ask what you are expecting precisely ? Dates when certain things will open? If not what clarity would you like out of interest?

Contact sport will get the go ahead from the government when the deaths rates have dropped to nil or single figure or the R ratings drops 0.1

LaLiga has confirmed that five players have tested positive for coronavirus.

All five unnamed players – across the leagues top two divisions – are asymptomatic and in the final phase of the disease but will now go into quarantine and be unable to return to group training until they have had two negative tests

They’ll keep a lid on it strict instructions from the club

If the restart was next Saturday and it was announced that VVD/Salah had picked up an injury would you believe them or know/suspect that he actually had Covid but they would not announce it until they got the required 6 points ?

Theres another brighton player whos tested positive so there probably waiting for him to test negative before they can anounce anything otherwise it would look like the farce it is!

Brighton state that all staff are training individually and they are all self isolating so it concerns me greatly that 3 individuals have picked up the virus. That would imply that they are catching it from touching training equipment etc. This clearly indicates that it is not safe to restart this farce any time soon.

Contact sport will get the go ahead from the government when the deaths rates have dropped to nil or single figure or the R ratings drops 0.1
UFC had an event last night, about as contact sport as you can get. They even had a fighter test positive after weigh in! Wouldn't surprise me if the PL used UFC as an example and copied some of their protocol. Madness.

UFC had an event last night, about as contact sport as you can get. They even had a fighter test positive after weigh in! Wouldn't surprise me if the PL used UFC as an example and copied some of their protocol. Madness.
I'd be OK with Eddie throwing a few left hooks to Klopp and co to be fair.

I'd be OK with Eddie throwing a few left hooks to Klopp and co to be fair.
Funnily enough he was doing some MMA training in one of his Instagram stories. That would be a suitable way to decide the league, top 6 GK's all fight each other 1v1 tournament and the winner gets the trophy for their team. I'd take Eddie to win that, he's an absolute psycho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.