Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It’ll be at least 6 months before you can say everyone’s had it and it’s gone. I can see this effecting next season as well. There’s no way they’ll risk it starting back up for a few football games.

In 6 months, it will be the start of Flu season and COVID19 Phase 2, it will take at least 1 year probably 2, for our bodies to develop its immune system to this new virus. Its really crazy al this!

TELEMMGLPICT000196401946_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpdpCsDEHI-S5JwZr3nT67BV9ZwIsYDplfHTpZmS3UY8.jpeg

I can live with Liverpool winning the league now - I’ve got used to it - it’s the fans I can’t stand so them winning the league in empty stadiums is nearly as great as the season being cancelled. It’ll kill them - mind you they’ll probably just break in .... again

“You nearly won the league” will be sung with great gusto next season

Pretty sure Hazard is out for the whole season. So they want to delay it until summer?

just seems a bit suss, they’ve not stopped moaning since the 1st game.
The Govt, PL & UEFA, Fifa etc need to cap it all quickly. I know there’s still a few rounds to go yet but in CL but we fancy our chances, but suppose we would all sacrifice it to see the dippers not win the league, and obviously see the Corona virus stopped so no more people die.
It’s blowing up quickly, best get some bog roll in ;-)

Last edited:
I can live with Liverpool winning the league now - I’ve got used to it - it’s the fans I can’t stand so them winning the league in empty stadiums is nearly as great as the season being cancelled. It’ll kill them - mind you they’ll probably just break in .... again

I agree although if the whole season was cancelled and void I'd be very happy.

Either way, they're unlikely to get the opportunity to celebrate winning the league as they'd like so my response to any dipper on winning the league this season will always be a very sarcastic 'I hope it was all you expected it to be'.

Winning the title in an empty stadium will really piss them off. Potentially no bus parade etc too.

The Champions league is the goose that lays the golden egg, if there is any competition in world football that will be delayed rather than cancelled, it' the CL.

OK everything is postponed , cancelled, banned. When we all come out of hiding, it'll still be around and will spread again because not enough of us caught it and developed antibodies first time round. These things hang around for years/ permanently , better off taking the simple precautions and letting it run its course. Hard facts of life
Health authorities would be completely overrun if it isn't delayed. Huge numbers of people would unnecessarily die. They are trying to rush to develop and test a vaccine but that takes time, (12 months+). It will likely spread to most of the population but they are trying to slow it down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.