Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

They want to bring in the money for as long as possible. The Chancellor was talking about the effects on the economy yesterday, they will try and string it out until PL footballers start getting the virus.
You’re right. Sky and BT and the PL and UEFA will be lobbying behind the scenes for the season to continue as long as possible. Govt will be torn between trying to look tough on the virus and worrying about the economic downturn.

Exclusive: Premier League club testing all players for coronavirus after three display symptoms

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...eague-club-testing-players-coronavirus-three/

All players at an unnamed Premier League club are today being tested for the coronavirus after three first-team players displayed symptoms. The test results are expected back tomorrow.

One player first showed symptoms of the virus earlier this week and was immediately placed in self-isolation. He appeared to be getting better but has since relapsed with two others subsequently displaying symptoms.

If the results come back positive the club’s game this weekend will certainly be called off but it will also lead to huge pressure on the Premier League to follow the lead of other European leagues and suspend all matches.

I think we can kiss goodbye to what remains of this season, the Cricket season and next year's Premier League too! All null and void for me.

I agree although if the whole season was cancelled and void I'd be very happy.

Either way, they're unlikely to get the opportunity to celebrate winning the league as they'd like so my response to any dipper on winning the league this season will always be a very sarcastic 'I hope it was all you expected it to be'.

Winning the title in an empty stadium will really piss them off. Potentially no bus parade etc too.

Presented in an empty stadium with the Liverpool Echo and John Aldridge claiming there were 3 million congregated outside at the Shankley gates.

German 'kicker':
According to Italian media reports the 5 biggest European leagues have asked UEFA to postpone EURO 2020 to finish domestic leagues.
A video conference with UEFA vice president Giorgio Marchetti will take place today.

Exclusive: Premier League club testing all players for coronavirus after three display symptoms

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...eague-club-testing-players-coronavirus-three/

All players at an unnamed Premier League club are today being tested for the coronavirus after three first-team players displayed symptoms. The test results are expected back tomorrow.

One player first showed symptoms of the virus earlier this week and was immediately placed in self-isolation. He appeared to be getting better but has since relapsed with two others subsequently displaying symptoms.

If the results come back positive the club’s game this weekend will certainly be called off but it will also lead to huge pressure on the Premier League to follow the lead of other European leagues and suspend all matches.

Burnley

Health authorities would be completely overrun if it isn't delayed. Huge numbers of people would unnecessarily die. They are trying to rush to develop and test a vaccine but that takes time, (12 months+). It will likely spread to most of the population but they are trying to slow it down.
In China, a nation of over a billion, they stopped the virus at 80k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.