Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It does seem that way, its another reason I think they will just have to reset this season. Next year is an even bigger hit than the last few games of this one.
If you follow the logic of people in this topic then football is not feasible in this country whilst we have coronavirus. Tell that to the people on the tube and buses going to work for the first time today. I am really surprised that so many people have taken this position, perhaps they will change their mind when their 6 year old goes to primary school in a few weeks time.

There are at the moment 2 people in 1000 who have the virus. Footballers are getting regularly tested. They are actually in a very privileged position. Not for the first time I wish I was a footballer. I face traveling every day on the Manchester to Leeds line. Wish I was traveling to work in a jaguar car and playing football in the open air.

The different worlds are starker than ever

If you follow the logic of people in this topic then football is not feasible in this country whilst we have coronavirus. Tell that to the people on the tube and buses going to work for the first time today.

What has people going to work got to do with football?

People should only be working if they can observe social distancing. Footballers can't.

It's played outside.

This is what should bother you. Not footballers. From the BBC Live news feed:

It was fairly quiet early this morning, but it is now getting busier. I have seen some buses are arriving full to capacity with every seat taken, so it is obviously impossible for people to observe social distancing guidelines.

On the Tube platform, there were tannoy announcements reminding people to stand two metres apart, and most were able to. But inside the train carriages might be a different story.

Yeah and government told people who have to go on public transport to wear masks.

No idea if football will be back this year but if does it will contribute to more deaths even people at those football clubs.

Should be suck it up and say that’s collateral damage till a vaccine to save football clubs?

Thing with people going back to work they can social distancing wear masks.

If you follow the logic of people in this topic then football is not feasible in this country whilst we have coronavirus. Tell that to the people on the tube and buses going to work for the first time today. I am really surprised that so many people have taken this position, perhaps they will change their mind when their 6 year old goes to primary school in a few weeks time.

There are at the moment 2 people in 1000 who have the virus. Footballers are getting regularly tested. They are actually in a very privileged position. Not for the first time I wish I was a footballer. I face traveling every day on the Manchester to Leeds line. Wish I was traveling to work in a jaguar car and playing football in the open air.

The different worlds are starker than ever
I think there is. for a start the whole season would be agreed up front - bcd, processes agreed for handling covid cases. It would be a level playing field for the whole season. Time to prepare rather than the rushed half-baked ideas we're getting now. Time to have testing and resources that doesnt take away from the countrywide fight against Corona. A new TV deal (or caveat) based on the new approach to the season. I think given time they should be concentrating on that, and I think they are, money decides the direction and it seems to me that would cut most losses for them. Forget now, prepare for August and make the best season they can from it.

I think there is. for a start the whole season would be agreed up front - bcd, processes agreed for handling covid cases. It would be a level playing field for the whole season. Time to prepare rather than the rushed half-baked ideas we're getting now. Time to have testing and resources that doesnt take away from the countrywide fight against Corona. A new TV deal (or caveat) based on the new approach to the season. I think given time they should be concentrating on that, and I think they are, money decides the direction and it seems to me that would cut most losses for them. Forget now, prepare for August and make the best season they can from it.
This

Wow you’re patronising. I’ve got a better idea- why don’t you think about it fully. If you take your argument to the nth degree life is put on hold til a vaccine arrives which most likely will be years away, deaths from other health issues rise exponentially and society is broke with no means of paying for a healthcare system. Is that ok in your world ?

Tel Aviv blue ;-)

The topic wasn’t the wider economy, it was football, a game - just a game and not worth killing for.

Oh, and I note the little racist pun with the little wink at the end - I know your game and so will everyone who reads your pitiful words and appreciates your childish ‘don’t give a shit about human life’ reference.
I can’t be arsed to report you for this because I want your words left here as a mark of the shame you should feel if you had a heart to feel it.

What has people going to work got to do with football?

People should only be working if they can observe social distancing. Footballers can't.
The very purpose of social distancing is to to avoid the droplets than hang in the air for a short period after an infected person breathes, talks, coughs etc. It is to avoid taking on viral load. There is an entirely different scale of risk between playing football in the open air and in a closed environmental setting when there really is no escape from the virus.

Contact tracing studies show that 0.03% of infections took place in an outside setting so I suggest if fans feel that football is depraved then they focus on other occupations, and employers.

There are at the moment 2 people in 1000 who have the virus.
What's your factual basis for that statement seeing as we have no clear cut evidence of how many asymptomatic carriers there are who will not have been tested but can still pass on the disease? I've seen estimates from various sources that range from 5% to 50% of those infected exhibiting no symptoms at all.

The very purpose of social distancing is to to avoid the droplets than hang in the air for a short period after an infected person breathes, talks, coughs etc. It is to avoid taking on viral load. There is an entirely different scale of risk between playing football in the open air and in a closed environmental setting when there really is no escape from the virus.

Contact tracing studies show that 0.03% of infections took place in an outside setting so I suggest if fans feel that football is depraved then they focus on other occupations, and employers.

So if being outside is only a risk of .03% why arent all leagues starting again from under 8's to premier league , after all most grassroots football get changed in their cars !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.