Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Last Wednesday, Deeney was in a meeting with the Premier League, other team captains and medical experts.

He said: "My problem was in the meeting, I asked very simple questions.

"For black, Asian and mixed ethnicities, they're four times more likely to get the illness, they're twice as likely to have long lasting illnesses - is there anything extra, additional screening, heart stuff to see if people have got problems with that? No. OK, well I feel that should be addressed.

"I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, just because they don't know the information.

"So I said if you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?"

Chapeau to Troy Deeney
Although I think he’s wrong about why they didn’t answer his question, they know the answer perfectly well but they don’t want to admit it.

but we know the club (liverpool) having to be named title winners and not be handed it ? and they need to be seen to win it by playing behind closed doors and then they think nobody could question it ???? the thing is its not the same even if the fans was allowed back into the grounds the gap between the games is 3 months and nobody will be up to speed and ready and fully match fit, its just a big mess and it will never be called proper title winners
I've gotta be honest, it would be fun to spend all of next season calling them the Champions* or the "Champions".

Just heard that any players that test positive today , they & their clubs won’t be named . These cnuts really are a law unto themselves , what’s the reason for this secrecy ?

So they can have a quick dabble with the fixtures if required - after all this was only ever about getting the Dippers the title and United into the CL. Any fixture change will be passed off as TV coverage related.

So they can have a quick dabble with the fixtures if required - after all this was only ever about getting the Dippers the title and United into the CL. Any fixture change will be passed off as TV coverage related.
id think if/when it starts Liverpool will be champions within 4 days, a sat fixture and a tuesday,that will see them over the line as soon as possible

Just heard it on the national news , why the secrecy ?

crazy that the premier league are wanting this and why bother in the first place in checking players ?? you can bet all it would take is one united or liverpool player to catch it and the season will be over there and then

greedy fuckers have sold our game down the river and money is being put first then health and why ?? yes that right because somebody sitting in the other part of the world want to watch the game and will pay £19.99 subscription ?? its crazy and am lost to football for good and only man city will get my money from now on and use free internet streams for away games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.