Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Don't believe what you read in the the press. There will be VAR and the game will still be 90 minutes. Only difference to the rules being you will be allowed more subs if they follow Germany, even this isn't confirmed. Now they have a safe way of course they should finish the season and let all trophies be played out.

Still not the same league that started the season rules have been changed

They won't have all them rules. They told us that so that we would accept the shit they ARE going to show us.

I think its extremely unfair that LFC don't have to play their top six away games... Away!

I hope everyone will be OK with it if LFC beat city by a sizeable margin, if LFC go on to smash our points and goals records I hope everyone is OK with that? Or that LFC play kids after two games and city (and the rest of the leagu ) players are at increased risk for the rest of the games.

Right now it ducks me off that this is the scenario we are heading for and no one cares.

. Not many things duck me off

I agree there is no way any records etc should be allowed to stand , if liverpool beat our 100 points after a 4 month break and rule changes than I am done with football its will be to bent fir me to invest my money and time and emotion in

I wonder what the government response would be to the London Marathon organisers if they said they would like to run the race the same weekend that the Premier League restarts.

Obviously, its all run outdoors, so an outdoor sport.They could say that they will remove the finishing line seating & stands. As individuals they are all allowed to exercise as much as they like in a day too. As with PL, they could request any fans/spectators to not to attend event or to social gather.

PL players will obviously not be adhering to x2m social distancing so no significant difference to race competitors.Just send covid test out to each competitor x96 hours prior and any positives, send do not compete text x24 hours b4. Overseas competitors could fly in now prior to x14 days quarantine being in place.

Would that also be allowed within returning to normality, beacon of light, public uplift etc
40,000 people v 22. Not a useful comparison.

The bottom line is that German football has returned and so far safely, and the UK epidemic continues to abate.

I look forward to Bayern Munich v Dortmund tomorrow. 5.30 pm tomorrow if anyone is interested. I know there are elements that are farcical but so is walking around Tesco with a mask, and all the rest

Don't believe what you read in the the press. There will be VAR and the game will still be 90 minutes. Only difference to the rules being you will be allowed more subs if they follow Germany, even this isn't confirmed. Now they have a safe way of course they should finish the season and let all trophies be played out.
I don't see the point of extra subs, surely that is just extra risk, as it extends the number of players coming into close contact ?

It seems that phase 1 has took barely 2/3 days before its on to phase 2 and that with positive cases amongst several clubs literally being ignored.

Can I ask what your definition of safe is. Even now players and staff are testing positive

So the crux of the matter isn't actually anything to do with safety more that you don't want Liverpool to win the league/beat our tally/play their kids/basically do anything? That is a more reasonable debate than those saying it's unsafe at least your honest!
Health arguments are totally out of the window, the league finish is happening. The fact that these players are getting daily tests to make sure they're "ok" whilst we in care have no fkin idea who has covid and even if we're spreading it to our clients stinks, its so wrong but tbh the argument is lost, no one seems to be bothered.

I am biased though, I work in care, 1 set of gloves and 1 mask per shift and a test only if we think we have already got it.

Can I ask what your definition of safe is. Even now players and staff are testing positive

My definition of safe is 30 or so athletes under the age of 35, who have tested negative for a virus multiple times that week being allowed to play. The fact the 8 or so out of 1000 have tested positive and taken out of play for 7 days proves the safety measures are working. The first game won't be for a few weeks there's a high chance the virus will be all but gone by then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.