Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

There is overwhelming evidence that the risks of viral transmission are far higher in enclosed environments with risk largely borne by the immune compromised. I agree with your point that the lockdown was rationalised on the basis of protecting the vulnerable but that does not make it appropriate for all time, for all people.

People can be altruistic and selfish. Humanity is very much underrated but at the moment is extremely confused and fearful. I am grateful there are people like you who try and work it out even if you come to a different conclusion.
There is 100% something to the immunocompromised argument, some of it maybe be for reasons out of one's control such as previous illness or maybe even a genetic order, but i don't think we can rule out malnutrition due to the large gap between the haves, and the have-not's - this has always existed. They then move into the vulnerable category, unless the government can provide some kind of immune system booster shots that work almost immediately? We def can't do this for all time, but i don't think that's what the aim was. As far as i can see it was just to get it to a point where it can be handled efficiently until a vaccine is ready. Have the capacity to manage the vulnerable to death and the vulnerable to getting very ill, while it slowly passes through the population of people who won't really feel it badly, like me (i think).

There are a lot of people who would do what's right, but you look around the world and how selfishness seems to have taken over large parts of society, i can't see how we could protect the people who need protecting from the ones who only care about themselves.

If we all came to the same conclusion, nowt would get done Marv :)

The reason we are in lock-down isn't because it this kills everyone it touches, the reason we are in lock-down is that there is a percentage of people it will kill and also a percentage it will severely deteriorate. I am fairly certain i have had it, my mum tested positive while in hospital for it and she lives with us, but we had 4 negative results in the household. We displayed mild symptoms, feeling cold and a bit rundown where you just don't want to do anything, but nothing major. I do however know at least 3 people who have had it and are generally fit, one of them is a regular in the gym, and they have been absolutely wrecked from it and been unable to function for 7 days, some even more. The fear was that these cases would clog up the healthcare system and mean that there would not be enough beds and staff to look after the very vulnerable.
It's worrying that a lot of people think that this has been done to put fear into people, to stop the economy or whatever, it's bollocks. It's been done to try and keep this under control and the reason for the so-called fear is that if they just told people to stay indoors to protect others and not themselves, no fucker would stay indoors because most people are selfish.

Re football, i just don't see how it can comeback to a safe enough standard. It's not comparable to anything else, save maybe something along the lines of sports massages, as there is no way to stop physical contact. The testing is mostly shit, the number of false negatives (as probably proven in what i have written above) is so high and AFAIK they're not doing it daily either? It just seems completely mental to me.
Excellent post.
Just ignore the tin hat twitterati who see conspiracies everywhere.
They border on mental illness.

How anyone can thing that this Covid19 virus was a scare story to wreck the economy, must be ill with the virus. The Tory party are all about business, so why would they release these scare stories is beyond me. This virus is still killing over 200 a day forget the figures over the last couple of days, they are always low over any bank holiday.

What is the point of going anywhere when everything is shut. It is better to stay at home and go somewhere more local. I am still expecting it to rise again when we get closer to late October and early November. This Covid19 virus is here to stay. It will continue to mutate and so it will be harder to control.
It won't mutate, at least not to the level of common Influenza as it's different. Someone on here posted a good article about that a while back (sorry i can't remember, i think it might be SWP's back) but it told of the differences for Covid19 and flu.

Excellent post.
Just ignore the tin hat twitterati who see conspiracies everywhere.
They border on mental illness.
I think part of it is some people who just love conspiracies, there's a lot of legit ones, but its muddled with people who are tired of lockdown and just want it to end. As the realization comes that they themselves probably won't die, they immediately go to 'why are they locking me indoors, i'm not the one at risk!' thought process. It's a legitimate response, but if you can allow yourself to drill-down a bit then you can at the very least understand why you are locked down. But then it's easier to say for people who's lives haven't been completely destroyed by being unable to go to work, its a delicate situation.

There is 100% something to the immunocompromised argument, some of it maybe be for reasons out of one's control such as previous illness or maybe even a genetic order, but i don't think we can rule out malnutrition due to the large gap between the haves, and the have-not's - this has always existed. They then move into the vulnerable category, unless the government can provide some kind of immune system booster shots that work almost immediately? We def can't do this for all time, but i don't think that's what the aim was. As far as i can see it was just to get it to a point where it can be handled efficiently until a vaccine is ready. Have the capacity to manage the vulnerable to death and the vulnerable to getting very ill, while it slowly passes through the population of people who won't really feel it badly, like me (i think).

There are a lot of people who would do what's right, but you look around the world and how selfishness seems to have taken over large parts of society, i can't see how we could protect the people who need protecting from the ones who only care about themselves.

If we all came to the same conclusion, nowt would get done Marv :)
Well Africa has largely escaped so far and the WHO believes it is because it is a young population. The immune system suffers in old age......the Blood transfusion service is looking for males over the age of 35 who have have had it because they are likely to have had a severe infection generating a lot of antibodies. We have known from almost the very beginning that this is a discriminatory illness.

Once you accept that it affects different groups differently and that it is transmitted most easily in areas which do not allow for dispersal of airborne droplets it informs activity, or should do so.

The lockdown is no longer appropriate and hence will be replaced by testing and tracing. Football is compatible with that I feel. It is good that the illness is for the moment lifting and perhaps it is not a coincidence that we can start to discuss it properly again. Lockdown generates mental anxiety and emotion even when we think we are free of it ourselves.

As per Samuel’s article the other day, what’s happening re the FA Cup? Have the FA made any announcement/provision plan yet? Just wondering what with all the talk about the league returning. Have they said their intention is to complete the competition this year, or is it just silence on this?
I posted the other day, it would take just a week to finish the FA Cup, 2 games Saturday, 2 games Sunday, 1 game Wednesday, 1 game Thursday, Final on a Sunday, yet there is no push to complete that, why ? That's right a certain club are out.

I heard Geoff Shreeves say this morning Spurs v Utd will be the Friday night game on 19th June. He did backtrack afterwards & say nothing was confirmed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.