Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

What’s the score on gigs? Surely they are not ideal in terms of gatherings. The experts pretty much admitted yesterday that being in close proximity indoors is worse than outdoors. I haven’t see anything about gigs being cancelled.
Cancelled here in Ireland. Supposed to be going to The Who on Wednesday. Tickets will be valid if concert is rescheduled at a later date.

The practicality of it is not only the 3 Arena but the tram (LUAS as it’s called here) journey down to it is crammed for every concert.

I travel an hour from work back into Dublin on this LUAS and all last week, at the last two stops before I get off crowds of youngsters packed on every evening for concerts further down at the 3 Arena. So many people that I would struggle to get off at my stop.

I had already decided that I would start to work from home before the country decided to take these measures. I’m glad our parliament decided to take action.

I fear though that we are in for a rough few weeks with those returning from Cheltenham. The number of cases is going to sharply increase.

People need to get over missing football or concerts or a normal social life. We’re in a delay phase.
I’m sure the clue is in the name. We’re only trying to delay the spread. Ease the impact on health services. Hopefully buy time for vaccine research.
We need to collectively do what’s best for all. Starting with your own family.

The Who can wait.

Cancelled here in Ireland. Supposed to be going to The Who on Wednesday. Tickets will be valid if concert is rescheduled at a later date.

The practicality of it is not only the 3 Arena but the tram (LUAS as it’s called here) journey down to it is crammed for every concert.

I travel an hour from work back into Dublin on this LUAS and all last week, at the last two stops before I get off crowds of youngsters packed on every evening for concerts further down at the 3 Arena. So many people that I would struggle to get off at my stop.

I had already decided that I would start to work from home before the country decided to take these measures. I’m glad our parliament decided to take action.

I fear though that we are in for a rough few weeks with those returning from Cheltenham. The number of cases is going to sharply increase.

People need to get over missing football or concerts or a normal social life. We’re in a delay phase.
I’m sure the clue is in the name. We’re only trying to delay the spread. Ease the impact on health services. Hopefully buy time for vaccine research.

The Who can wait.
The WHO are touring? God they’re really cashing in on their moment in the spotlight, but it’s good they’re getting out there to spread their message.

joking aside, stay safe pal

I wonder if this pandemic will be the final thing that makes a lot of long term supporters say fuck it?

I'm still up for it (just about) even though I'll be 66 by the start of next season but I have to say the match day 'experience' has been worse this season, mainly because of VAR but also as our football has been mainly laboured.

A prolonged break might make people think they can do without it.

Hearing via emergency planners at work, that Public Health England confirm everyone, yes everyone, will contract Coronavirus and 80 per cent of the population will notice little or no symptoms at all - some won't even know.

Anyone else not that bothered about the season ending now? Var, uefa, media hatred for City and the weird dipper cult phenomenon has really got me disinterested in football. Thought I would never say this but actually looking forward to doing other things on the weekend. Sad because ever since I was kid footballs always come first.

The Who can wait.
Thought you were talking about the World Health Organisation............. not Mr Daltrey and co. When's Pete's book coming out ?

To be fair he didn't have to say anything.

You are right he never had to, and probably didn't, it was the message from the press dept/ meda office. Tellingly the Club hasn't given a statement either they chose to respond to these events by this message perportedly by manager....whys that then?

BREAKING: The FIFA Council has decided that the general football rules which normally oblige clubs to release players for national team matches will not apply for the up-coming international windows in March/April

Sky

That's why we need some herd immunity. If it mutates to a worse form, we are well and truely are screwed.
It already mutated in China to a worse form but as far as I understand WHO bulletins that form hasn't yet escaped China.
A vaccine may or may not be available by July but failing that blood plasma from those who recover can be used to minimise the severity of any outbreak. During Spanish Flu it reduced the death rate by 50% where this technique was used
We all love City, but some things make football almost totally irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.