Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Never has an organisation been more desperate to resume 'operations' than the PL are with this season's fixtures. They just don't want to 'award' the title to the Dippers, they will shift Heaven, Earth, and much of the Solar System to bring it to pass so they can add to their illustrious 'istree with a FIRST PL title EVER!

Never has an organisation been more desperate to resume 'operations' than the PL are with this season's fixtures. They just don't want to 'award' the title to the Dippers, they will shift Heaven, Earth, and much of the Solar System to bring it to pass so they can add to their illustrious 'istree with a FIRST PL title EVER!

But even if they do that , it's still tainted as other teams wont be match fit or even have a full squad to choose from, what happens if pitches cant be maintained because of staff sick. If liverpool win it it will be tainted, it was before the virus with VAR anyway.

My feeling now is that the season will be 'finished' one way or another and quite honestly I couldn't give a fuck.

I believe it would involve behind closed doors games as it is impossible to think that spectators would be allowed any time before the possible start of next season so on that basis I have no real interest in any of it, even our games tbh

Last edited:
My feeling now is that the season will be 'finished' one way or another and quite honestly I couldn't give a fuck.

I believe it would involve behind closed doors games as it is impossible to think that spectators would be allowed any time before the possible start of next season so on that basis I have no real interest in any of it, even our games tbh

Like said earlier do players have no say? Seems it’s the liverpool media and Murdoch want it more.

Think we should give the whining dippers a 22 point start in a new league next season then watch City eat into it eatch their arses fall out and pip them last game last second ))

I agree with above. I’d be amazed if there’s even one person missing football. It’s shite in its current guise. I think we’ll all realise we can live without it. And certainly without PAYING to be a part of it. The notion of paying into this bent sport is baffling. We’ll all realise that.
I think what keeps us all going is the sheer brilliance of our football. I have done plenty of hard yards following City but I'm not sure I could go back to watching the sort of shit we endured under Stuart Pearce for example.
It's hard to disagree that in the broadest sense football is shite in its current format. TV is the cash cow and has too much influence; the leading organisations are riddled with corruption at all levels; the game has been infested by hangers-on like agents, and media pundits, who have no real passion for sport but just want to leech off it. Contempt has been shown to matchgoing fans who have been pushed aside by the "banter" boys on social media who never attend games.
It's easy for City fans to push these thoughts into the background because we have been spoiled by what we have seen on the field in the last decade. But, as a hard-core fan, I feel that in many ways the game has been stolen from us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.