Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

There is no way the dippers won't get the title, unfortunately. Worth too much money to the powers that be and the betting syndicates.

I do think the season should be curtailed though. Get all the clubs medical staff helping out with the pandemic crisis, players taking big pay cuts in order to pay low paid staff & distribute cash to the EFL clubs.

Play it in China? Is that a belated April fool? Would the Chinese government allow 20 premier league squads and staff into the country and import a load of new potential coronavirus cases?

I hope City sit tight and refuse to play on safety grounds, I doubt the players of most of the premier league barring Liverpool, Leicester and the rags want to play. Sit tight let the premier league have to hand back the tv money and watch the financial meltdown happen on this corrupt monopoly. It was corrupt when they carved up the tv deal in 92 for the big six and its even worse today with some of the shit they get up to.

We the fans don’t matter as we will be nowhere near these games. Why would anyone want to get up at daft a clock in the morning to watch the culmination of a season that no one cares about.

The two clubs with the most influence, as far as we can tell. Let's see what happens eh.
If LiVARpool are credited with a Prem League title of 'Most Points Earned' (even that needs to be adjusted as they've played more games) it will be the one that is always talked about and ridiculed by other supporters. It will i suspect be the one that most of their genuine fans will not really want to have as it wasn't a real victory and it will be a source of piss taking for ever. If they push and push for it to be awarded it will also be a massive negative in PR terms, as will it be for the Prem League bosses if they try to complete this season or fuck up next season to try and shoe horn the season to a finish. The negative from which they might not recover. You've only got to look at Grealish, Mike Asley, Spurs etc to see which way this country feels (my wife doesn't give a toss about sport, she cares even less at the moment . In my heart, what i would want to happen and what might help me in my attitude towards Liverpool , is that someone from that club said ' You know what, we gave it a good go, we have a great team, next year when we can all enjoy our football again , we will be up there competing, but for the time being lets just void the season , put all the clubs back to our starting position as we were last August and lets get on with helping our players staff, families and supporters get through this terrible experience.
I had these thoughts as i was out clapping our carers last night, talking with my neighbours at a distance and taking some shopping orders from Christine aged 78, next door but two .

ps with all this time on my hands, i have watched very few old football games aprt from City victories, the only one that crept in was the WBA victory at Old Trafford with Big Cyrille Regis who i would have loved to see in a City shirt. The main sport i have been watching are past Rugby Union games from the 70's , 80's particularly Lions Tours and victories , and the State of the Nation Rugby league games from the 80's.
My love of rugby has been well and truly rekindled and i will definitely be taking in a few more games of both codes and i'll be taking my 8 month old Grandson to them when i can see him again

It goes to show who really controls football in the UK though and it certainly isn't the premier league or the FA or even Sky, although it seems they do have a small voice so who does ? Is there a massive betting syndicate controlling the money and results ? Russian mafia ? global media outlets? who exactly are the people behind the premier league pulling the strings because the prem seem determined to make sure their paymasters get what they demand this season .

Play it in China? Is that a belated April fool? Would the Chinese government allow 20 premier league squads and staff into the country and import a load of new potential coronavirus cases?

I hope City sit tight and refuse to play on safety grounds, I doubt the players of most of the premier league barring Liverpool, Leicester and the rags want to play. Sit tight let the premier league have to hand back the tv money and watch the financial meltdown happen on this corrupt monopoly. It was corrupt when they carved up the tv deal in 92 for the big six and its even worse today with some of the shit they get up to.

We the fans don’t matter as we will be nowhere near these games. Why would anyone want to get up at daft a clock in the morning to watch the culmination of a season that no one cares about.
I really hope we dig out heels in on this and other clubs too. But we’ll probably just go along with it knowing how much we don’t like to rock the boat

So let's play devil's advocate we end the league with current standings our ban stands who gets the 5th place spot Utd occupy it but Sheffield have a game in hand which would put them above Utd should they win it. If you use average points per game rags get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.