Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Only because they have 1 game to play and the table and standings are pretty much sorted.

They have 1 game before points are halved. Then the league splits and the top six play each other twice for double points in effect, so it was far from sorted.

I cant believe that I am reading that China has been mooted as a possible destination to finish the season. They fucking started all of this. Thousands dead around the world, many more to follow. I am surprised some countries out there arent considering sending them a cruise missile for what they have done. We have the PL thinking about sending them some football matches.

Has no one looked at the legal issue of frustration of contracts?

Some event outside the control of the parties makes it impossible to fulfil the contract, e.g. a contract to maintain the twin towers.

Covid-19 and Frustrated Contracts
Whether or not a contract has been frustrated by the Coronavirus depends on:

1. on the type of contract it is
  2. the sort of goods or services to be supplied, or the assets being bought, sold or licensed
  3. the precise performance requirements of the parties under the contract
  4. how the supervening event interferes with the parties' obligations to perform their respective commitments
https://hallellis.co.uk/frustration-legal-contracts/

I have just an idea how we can all get back to playing football again. Dose anyone remember the old table football game. Well we get all the players with a pole between each one off them and they will have to all move across, either to the left or the right. So you can have either 4-2-4 or a 4-3-3 formation. Please just think about it. Of course there will be difficulties about taking corners should that happen. There are ways around it just ban corners.

This way at least all players will be the required 2 metres apart form anyone else, even the opponents. Of course this wouldn't work but it is one way bringing football back

In reply to OrigamiNinja I totally agree with you who ever came up with that idea should have an MRI scan and see if he has a brain and see if he has blood flowing through it. to come up with that idea he must be totally brain dead.

Gorton-Tubster what is the matter I was only joking. I do know that that will not work.

Look at the funny side, this way all the players would be at least the required 2 meters apart.

I cant believe that I am reading that China has been mooted as a possible destination to finish the season. They fucking started all of this. Thousands dead around the world, many more to follow. I am surprised some countries out there arent considering sending them a cruise missile for what they have done. We have the PL thinking about sending them some football matches.

It’s crazy isn’t it. Do players just do as they are told? I’d just tell the club to fuck off, I ain’t paying.

Bar football it could catch on ! It's not as if we need corners anyway cos we are useless at them !

We should convince Sheffield United, to write an email, along with us, send it at the exact same time to the exact same recipient stating in the name of safety we don’t think resuming football for this season is appropriate. That would be a nice touch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.