Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Uefa are now saying leagues have to be completed in order to qualify for next seasons Cl and EL. Games will continue in july and august. The problem might be that restrictions could be lifted in Italy and Spain before they are in the UK, we are told we are weeks behind them, so English clubs could be excluded from next years comps simply because the spread of the disease reached us later.
Who gives two fucks about the Champions League?

Uefa are now saying leagues have to be completed in order to qualify for next seasons Cl and EL. Games will continue in july and august. The problem might be that restrictions could be lifted in Italy and Spain before they are in the UK, we are told we are weeks behind them, so English clubs could be excluded from next years comps simply because the spread of the disease reached us later.
Yes its easy to pick on the belgium league
But once any of the spanish Italian german or english leagues cancel it they will change there tune

It needs somebody stand up and tell Uefa it is the wrong time to hold a gun to peoples heads and to shove their competitions up their arses, if it is true what they are demanding.
I would love it to be our club that stood up to them.

How can anyone one with any integrity even think about demanding that? I look forward to them trying to justify it, if they are challenged.

Who gives two fucks about the Champions League?

I was trying to highlight just how corrupt and bent Uefa are. They would exclude clubs from any league that is not completed, but if that happened to be Spain do you think Real or Barcelona would be excluded from a euro competition? they will be backtracking faster than the spread of covid 19.

I think even the PL will have come to the conclusion that only a "to suspend indefinitely" announcement is likely to appease all parties. It then gives PL opportunity to present to public and government a position that at least looks a signficant shift from their previous, just wanting to bounce a date few weeks further on, whilst in practise it still gives them an option to restart and finish at whatever date they think they could get away with it to appease sky/bt, clubs, lawyers, UEFA etc. eg whatever date aldi remove the few remaining purchase quantities restrictions they have

I was trying to highlight just how corrupt and bent Uefa are. They would exclude clubs from any league that is not completed, but if that happened to be Spain do you think Real or Barcelona would be excluded from a euro competition? they will be backtracking faster than the spread of covid 19.
Yes sorry if you thought I was having a do at you, I agree with you entirely. It is just that I have never had time for that corrupt organisation and their poxy competitions, purely created to make the rich richer whilst milking the armchair football fan for all they are worth.

I think even the PL will have come to the conclusion that only a "to suspend indefinitely" announcement is likely to appease all parties. It then gives PL opportunity to present to public and government a position that at least looks a signficant shift from their previous, just wanting to bounce a date few weeks further on, whilst in practise it still gives them an option to restart and finish at whatever date they think they could get away with it to appease sky/bt, clubs, lawyers, UEFA etc. eg whatever date aldi remove the few remaining purchase quantities restrictions they have
Yes that is exactly what they will do to day, then we will not hear another thing from them for weeks.

My daughter is a clinical scientist in NHS, two of her friends are going to be working at the Nightingale hospital. They are NHS scientists also. One was drafted in, one volunteered. They get 1 days training, and told to expect a death rate of 80%. Best of luck to everyone, I'm hoping my daughter can stay off the frontline. I'm even further away from giving a fuck about finishing this season
Hope she stays safe mate.

It needs somebody stand up and tell Uefa it is the wrong time to hold a gun to peoples heads and to shove their competitions up their arses, if it is true what they are demanding.
I would love it to be our club that stood up to them.

How can anyone one with any integrity even think about demanding that? I look forward to them trying to justify it, if they are challenged.
Spot-on. UEFA is operating in a moral vacuum as usual. Any decisions taken by any league anywhere should be led by concerns for people's health. If the clubs had any balls they would just withdraw from European competitions for the good of their local communties. If they did this they would be supported by all fans. Being a human being trumps being a football supporter.

Why do people keep saying clubs would 'sue' the leagues if they needed to be cancelled? Surely a level of pragmatism is needed by all involved and even the most ****ish of clubs would understand that something like this is completely uncharted territory and people in hospitals are sick and dying. It staggers me that a club would sue the league, because it needed to be cancelled for the health and safety of everyone involved.

exactly. Anyway surely that club would lose, how could you argue that it’s safe to play games when so many are dying.

The lawsuit that would would have substance would be in case they just award the title to Livarpool. The precedent is if the league can’t continue its voided. Think many clubs would have grounds to sue if Livarpool are handed the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.