Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Football is plunging itself into a storm of it's own making. Many supporters will turn it's back on the game for a while at least, some for a much longer spell, perhaps until 'a' normality starts to kick in. It is undoubtedly clear to me that the loss of revenue is above all else. The governing body will be governing over an implosion if they persist in continuing with their process that puts football on a higher pedestal than human life.

Belgium, admittedly being further along it's seasonal path, has declared it's season to be over, those with even the remotest concern for the well being of footballers and it's supporters should in all decency do the same. No ifs buts or maybes...when it is deemed safe to do so, for all participants, only then, will it be time to renew again, but it will renew in a world totally different from when it last kicked off.

Right now, I'm ashamed of the whole system, ashamed because I once loved and supported a game that I thought would do the honourable things at times of a crisis, that it would drop all differences within it's groups and unite together to get behind each local community as one...I had a trust, perhaps naive..never again.

The latest Premier League meeting has now finished, and a statement is expected shortly. The league are still hoping to finish the 2019/20 season but only when it is completely safe to do so and there are currently no concrete plans

BREAKING: The Premier League will NOT resume at the beginning of May – and the 2019/20 season will only return when it is safe and appropriate to do so. [via
@premierleague

Fuck sake still banging on about resuming the season

The Premier League have stated the restart date is under 'constant review' with all stakeholders. Any return to play will only be with the full support of Government and when medical guidance allows

Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed to consult their players regarding a combination of conditional reductions and deferrals amounting to 30% of total annual remuneration.

The Premier League have unanimously voted in a rescue package of £125 million for the EFL and National League, paid as an advance

@premierleague

The latest Premier League meeting has now finished, and a statement is expected shortly. The league are still hoping to finish the 2019/20 season but only when it is completely safe to do so and there are currently no concrete plans

BREAKING: The Premier League will NOT resume at the beginning of May – and the 2019/20 season will only return when it is safe and appropriate to do so. [via
@premierleague

Fuck sake still banging on about resuming the season
Keep the carrot dangling for the Mickey's

Football is plunging itself into a storm of it's own making. Many supporters will turn it's back on the game for a while at least, some for a much longer spell, perhaps until 'a' normality starts to kick in. It is undoubtedly clear to me that the loss of revenue is above all else. The governing body will be governing over an implosion if they persist in continuing with their process that puts football on a higher pedestal than human life.

Belgium, admittedly being further along it's seasonal path, has declared it's season to be over, those with even the remotest concern for the well being of footballers and it's supporters should in all decency do the same. No ifs buts or maybes...when it is deemed safe to do so, for all participants, only then, will it be time to renew again, but it will renew in a world totally different from when it last kicked off.

Right now, I'm ashamed of the whole system, ashamed because I once loved and supported a game that I thought would do the honourable things at times of a crisis, that it would drop all differences within it's groups and unite together to get behind each local community as one...I had a trust, perhaps naive..never again.

I think quite a lot will initially turn their backs on the game if this forum is the temperature gauge but people will start to come back eventually but not everyone will.

Come on City fans surely we are all not that stupid. The one and only reason that the Premier League wants to carry on is so that Livarpool can get their hands on the Premier League Trophy. That Is the one and only reason for it not being made null and void. If we were in Livarpool's place I have no doubt that they would have declared the season null and void long ago.

If football resumes with luck it maybe in July, which means that the start of next season has to be put back, which also means that the European Championships has also to be put again. However UEFA cannot do that as the 2022 is also the year that the World Cup takes place.

The only way round this is to declare the season 2019/20 completely null and void. By doing this it gives plenty of time to get this coronavirus under control. So that would give us a clean run of 17/18 weeks to get the coronavirus under control. That to me seems the ideal soloution

Last edited:
Come on City fans surely we are all not that stupid. The one and only reason that the Premier League wants to carry on is so that Livarpool can get their hands on the Premier League Trophy. That Is the one and only reason for it not being made null and void. If we were in Livarpool's place I have no doubt that they would have declared the season null and void long ago.

What's the reason Spain, Italy, France & Germany haven't cancelled? Oh and I would rather it would be binned off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.