Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It’s not practical. There would be 1000s of Liverpool fans on the streets outside Anfield creating the problem which we are trying to solve

Which would also require Police, Ambulances etc. Maybe the virus will be gone by then and if so open the stadiums, not that I think there will be much of an appetite

The virus won’t be gone any time soon. If the prem wants to get football going next month, then we should expect a rise in cases when people start to gather with their mates to watch the games.

This is an occasion for City to distance ourselves from the money-grabbing cartel in the public perception without being remotely cynical or opportunistic. I hope we take it.
The negative press give to Tottenham will not be applied at the same level for Livarpool and if United furlough their staff it will be buried.

The virus won’t be gone any time soon. If the prem wants to get football going next month, then we should expect a rise in cases when people start to gather with their mates to watch the games.

I can’t see football being played next month.

As you say the virus won’t be gone anytime soon so they should be making plans of how to start next but also mitigate the virus disruption until a vaccine is rolled out

Are footballers not self-employed limited companies? Essentially contractors for a project?

no, they’re employees of an English company on PAYE terms. That’s why we have players under a five year contract, say - that’s how long the club agreed to employ them for.

However many of them have separate image rights companies, which release the player’s rights to the employer.

for a small fee.

Football will not be played again until next year at the earliest.
Talking of playing out this season in May, June or July not a chance it will be dangerous and a totally logistical impossibility.
How many players, back room staff, office staff and the other hundreds of suppliers would be willing to risk their health if there is any chance of catching this and infecting their families?
Not just City but have any foreign players from all other clubs gone back to their countries and if they have would they be willing to return without total eradication of the virus? If they are forced to return to work and fall ill the ramifications would be massive for the world of football.
Apologies , i know all this has been mentioned throughout the thread in many different guises but i needed to say something as i am feeling a little closed in at the moment, just starting our 4th week (Spain) of lockdown and there is only so much tv you can watch.

Considering how strict the health and safety regulations are these days, I just can’t see anything at all being lifted this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.