Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Football will not be played again until next year at the earliest.
Talking of playing out this season in May, June or July not a chance it will be dangerous and a totally logistical impossibility.
How many players, back room staff, office staff and the other hundreds of suppliers would be willing to risk their health if there is any chance of catching this and infecting their families?
Not just City but have any foreign players from all other clubs gone back to their countries and if they have would they be willing to return without total eradication of the virus? If they are forced to return to work and fall ill the ramifications would be massive for the world of football.
Apologies , i know all this has been mentioned throughout the thread in many different guises but i needed to say something as i am feeling a little closed in at the moment, just starting our 4th week (Spain) of lockdown and there is only so much tv you can watch.
Totally agree.

The heads of all the football authorities, not only in this country, but throughout Europe and those from UEFA as well. These bosses couldn't organize a booze up in a brewery. Even if you lead them to the vats of beer. They haven't got a single brain cell between them. If they did have they would have called the whole thing of by now

FIFA are set to confirm an indefinite extension to the 2019-20 season across the globe, allowing each country’s football authority to determine when campaigns can finish.

FIFA will also: - Alter summer transfer window dates - Permit contract extensions for players whose deals run out on June 30 The decision does not take null and void off the table, although it considerably reduces the chances of seasons being cancelled. [
@TheAthleticUK
]

karen7 As the Premier League season starts around the 2nd Saturday in August what ever date that maybe. This year it's the 8th, though they the Premier League may have decided to say the 15th as a date to start the new Premier League season 20/21. If by then we have not restarted the football, or are still playing season 2019/20, it will have an almighty detrimental knock on effect on the new season 2020/21, and so on.

If the bosses at the Premier League want the new season to start on time or as close to that date as possible, they have got to decide when to call it a day for this season. As I have stated before if next season starts late then each season after that will start late as well. Unless they shorten the break between 2 seasons. In the season 2022/23 there is the added problem of the World Cup taking place during December and January of 2022/23 season. With the Premier League being almost certainly shut down for those 2months, while this takes place.

Non league and lower leagues for me next season -having a break from VAR and the premier league - will do a handful of City games but going to take in a load of new grounds on weekends away as i try and join the 92 club - i not spending tens of thousands a year for Kyle Walker to be spunking it on Brass.

Enough is enough.

karen7 As the Premier League season starts around the 2nd Saturday in August what ever date that maybe. This year it's the 8th, though they the Premier League may have decided to say the 15th as a date to start the new Premier League season 20/21. If by then we have not restarted the football, or are still playing season 2019/20, it will have an almighty detrimental knock on effect on the new season 2020/21, and so on.

If the bosses at the Premier League want the new season to start on time or as close to that date as possible, they have got to decide when to call it a day for this season. As I have stated before if next season starts late then each season after that will start late as well. Unless they shorten the break between 2 seasons. In the season 2022/23 there is the added problem of the World Cup taking place during December and January of 2022/23 season. With the Premier League being almost certainly shut down for those 2months, while this takes place.
I am getting fed with them wanting to finish this season and muck up next season,if there is one,if they get there way it will be by ignoring managers might not be able to put out a team due to isolating and the players will be flogged 4 times a week to fit it all in,straight to the euros then,everyone is having to change their plans and football is not a special case,it does not honour the competition to play it under the current situation,this is a unique situation,normal goes out the window,losses are going to have to be made by everyone

If every thing was normal, when do the players return for preseason, so if the season starts the first week in August, when would the players return for training

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.