Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

FIFA are set to confirm an indefinite extension to the 2019-20 season across the globe, allowing each country’s football authority to determine when campaigns can finish.

FIFA will also: - Alter summer transfer window dates - Permit contract extensions for players whose deals run out on June 30 The decision does not take null and void off the table, although it considerably reduces the chances of seasons being cancelled. [
@TheAthleticUK
]
ypUqsU2.gif

Not you Kaz fifa, the athletic, UEFA, premier league, they obviously haven't heard of coronavirus.

Non league and lower leagues for me next season -having a break from VAR and the premier league - will do a handful of City games but going to take in a load of new grounds on weekends away as i try and join the 92 club - i not spending tens of thousands a year for Kyle Walker to be spunking it on Brass.

Enough is enough.
I thought he'd spunked on a couple of blow up dolls?

I suspect on behalf of Livarpool season 2020/21 will be voided...
It’s certainly looking likely.
Clubs this season have received roughly 70% of their income and are already struggling.
So when they cancel a full season and have zero income they’ll be a lot of clubs going under.
Still as long as the dippers get their title.

FIFA are set to confirm an indefinite extension to the 2019-20 season across the globe, allowing each country’s football authority to determine when campaigns can finish.

FIFA will also: - Alter summer transfer window dates - Permit contract extensions for players whose deals run out on June 30 The decision does not take null and void off the table, although it considerably reduces the chances of seasons being cancelled. [
@TheAthleticUK
]
I just do not understand what the advantage is in completing this season at the cost of the next, money wise I mean. Aren't they just postponing the losses a few months?

I just do not understand what the advantage is in completing this season at the cost of the next, money wise I mean. Aren't they just postponing the losses a few months?
I dont get it either,surely ditching 9 prem games is it? Is a lot worse than 38,they cant fit the end od this season in,with the fa and cl and still have a full season next season,say there is no football till earliest sept,i just dont see what they are trying to do,add in the eurs next summer,where is the time going to come from

Also are people really going to flock back to watch it,the youngsters maybe but everyone else will be cautious surely

It doesn’t make sense, as others have said, it’s like a game of poker. Somebody is going to take a financial hit and that’s likely to be the ones who call the season off, I think many football authorities are hoping governments make that call so they can argue they’re not liable to repay money to broadcasters, sponsors etc.

Unless there is a dramatic breakthrough in the next few weeks in terms of controlling or preventing infection without social distancing then team sports won’t be played for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.