Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If the CL continues, Liverpool getting knocked out should be a huge motivation for us to have a tilt at winning the thing.

If the league is cancelled that would be totally unfair on everyone connected to Liverpool Football Club. If it happens then I think the FA, the PL and PGMOL should do their best to make sure Liverpool win it next season, you know, a few favourable decisions from the referees, a little bit of assistance from those nice VAR officials, turn a blind eye when needed and maybe a decent run of fixtures to ensure a smooth start and an easy run in.

Well they have had enough practise it should be easy enough to arrange

I’m so happy right now I’m not even thinking about Madrid. Besides you just know uefa will scrap this tournament because of the virus if we get much further.

That’s Juve game cancelled for 2 weeks minimum as all players will have to go into isolation. That’s surely the cancellation of the competition. Just when I was starting to enjoy a potentially dipper free tournament too.

missed opportunity too - had the dippers stayed in they could have used squad rotation and used they 2nd string players who are easily as good as the first XI from their legendary strength in depth....

I agree, they can't just stop all football and say these are the winners, these go down, this is the play offs. There's still so much to play for and Liverpool haven't mathematically won it yet. Nor could they pick FA Cup or CL winners. If they're stopping some games, be consistent and stop everything. How many Atletico fans are going to Liverpool today, 3000? From a country that is experiencing high contagion rises. Bizarre

Bingo, most fans in England couldn't care less about Liverpool and the league title, what about promotion, relegation, the bank balances of clubs who need to go up etc...

You can bet they’ll wait till the dippers have wrapped up the league before cancelled any games.,

Probably deserves it's own thread, Government expected to announce it tomorrow.

And I knows it's Stan but he's just the messenger on this one:

Last edited:
Bullshit if true. Nobody wants that. You’ve got managers and players everywhere saying they don’t want to play in empty stadiums and would rather not play at all. The only option is to suspend the league entirely and then make the decision on how to move forward in the summer. Have they considered what they’re going to do when players here get it and entire teams have to go into isolation? Are they going to ask teams to play multiple times a week when the fixtures pile up straight after an isolation period almost guaranteeing injury? They’ll be legal claims everywhere from teams who miss out/get relegated claiming unfair advantages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.