Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I’ve believed for months now that the only viable outcome is for the season to be voided. However too much triumphalism from blues about this is misguided and small-minded. I believe we have the best team and squad in Europe, and we were just lining up to finish the season with a squad that was finally full strength. We were in the process of putting RM to the sword and our bogey team we’re out. I think we’d have won it, and I think that was the dream for Sergio, silva and Fernandinho, and probably their last chance. So whilst it will be piss funny singing “you nearly won the league” at the scousers one day, let’s not forget that this could have been a historic season for us and some of our legends too.
All that is true but i am afraid we just have to suck it up and say there is nothing we can do also you are thinking that we would have a full team,there is very little chance nobody would not be sick or isolating,one in the whole camp means they all would have to isolate,covid is not going away any time soon,ideas of testings players before every game including coaches,physio etc etc is neither practical nor should we take tests away from patients and staff,yes it would be fun to laugh at the dippers but as we would lose a lot as well,i am afraid a pandemic trumps football,old rules cannot apply this year

Reactions: mat
Playing the Scousers at a neutral 'closed ground' would be like CSKA away.

Jimmy the kit man and his 30,000 mates sitting in the ground watching it.

All that is true but i am afraid we just have to suck it up and say there is nothing we can do also you are thinking that we would have a full team,there is very little chance nobody would not be sick or isolating,one in the whole camp means they all would have to isolate,covid is not going away any time soon,ideas of testings players before every game including coaches,physio etc etc is neither practical nor should we take tests away from patients and staff,yes it would be fun to laugh at the dippers but as we would lose a lot as well,i am afraid a pandemic trumps football,old rules cannot apply this year
It just makes the season we win everything even more sweeter.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.