Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I'd agree, but who can say, given that the leagues voted for it, do they have a leg to stand on? no idea.
i assume (dont know) that if its not drawn to conclusion then evey team has a financial hit so for those teams that have nothing to loose then they will vote for, the only teams that will vote against are the teams which get relegated,,,as i said i asume its financial related do correct me if im wrong, TBH i couldnt see a more fairer way than null and void and we go again in August 'permiting'

So the football bodies of UEFA, FA and the Premier League all want to start football asap. There are currently 91 teams in all the leagues. So that is 45 games of football to be played. Now assuming that like us we have 1 ST. JOHN'S AMBULANCE at every ground. That would mean that they have got to find the ST JOHN'S AMBULANCE STAFF TO MAN THOSE AMBULANCES. So what is going to happen if the ST JOHN'S AMBULANCE STAFF refuse to attend these games. A because they haven't got the staff, due to them helping out at their local hospitals, etc.. And B because they wouldn't want to get infected or risk being infected by either the medical staff from the clubs or their players. I am almost 100% sure that there has to be an ambulance stationed at every ground just in case it is needed. Just image a player gets a massive heart attack while he is playing the game, and there is no ambulance their, his chances of survival would be almost 0% should they have to wait for the ambulance to arrive.

The time has come for the FA and the Premier League to call the season to a halt declare it null and void. Hopefully we will be able to start again in early September. When by then we should have this coronavirus under control. All you need is 1 fan to be a carrier of this virus, especially in a place like a football stadium or even it's grounds. If the FA and the Premier League really believe that football fans will stay away from their own clubs grounds when football starts again, they will have their heads buried in the stand like that OSTRICH.

Is the FA and the Premier League going to insist that everyone of the match day staff from all the clubs must be screened and declared free of the virus before they arrive at the stadium and are they "THE PREMIER LEAGUE" going to pay for it. There is currently not enough screening being done within the hospitals and care homes because they cannot get enough of these testing kits. So where does the PREMIER LEAGUE BELIEVE THEY CAN GET THESE TESTS FROM. Once again these bosses have not thought this through. Just say 1 of these players has the virus but not be showing any symptoms. If this turns out to be the case. Then all of a sudden you will have up to at least 50 people infected. This then will start a new wave of the virus. So within a week or so that will be up to well over 1,000 which will be infected.

I hope everyone is well and staying safe.

Spot on apart from until we get Coronavirus under control the only control of that virus is a vaccine other than that it’s as you were.

Bracing myself for worst case scenario that the dippers are given the title and the Champions league is scrapped
they still havent won it though, they had to be given it. LiVARpool won it controversially in the year that Corona Virus struck, no one will even remember it let alone celebrate it.

Let em have it, I was dreading all the wankathon over LFC winning the title.

All that is true but i am afraid we just have to suck it up and say there is nothing we can do also you are thinking that we would have a full team,there is very little chance nobody would not be sick or isolating,one in the whole camp means they all would have to isolate,covid is not going away any time soon,ideas of testings players before every game including coaches,physio etc etc is neither practical nor should we take tests away from patients and staff,yes it would be fun to laugh at the dippers but as we would lose a lot as well,i am afraid a pandemic trumps football,old rules cannot apply this year

people seem to me misunderstanding me here.

I agree that the season should be declared void and I think it will be. I’m just saying that it’s bad news for several of our legends.

they still havent won it though, they had to be given it. LiVARpool won it controversially in the year that Corona Virus struck, no one will even remember it let alone celebrate it.

Let em have it, I was dreading all the wankathon over LFC winning the title.

Thank you for absolutely nailing it, @Gordon_Tubster. That is the crucial point. They will have been given the title. As a gift. They will not have won it. There will be a fuck-off big asterisk next to this season in all the history books, for ever and a day. And we can all take the piss out of them mercilessly, in every ground in the country, because they're that deluded that they will believe that being given it=winning it.

But from a more adult perspective, truthfully, I can't say I care much either way at this point. People are dying.

Thank you for absolutely nailing it, @Gordon_Tubster. That is the crucial point. They will have been given the title. As a gift. They will not have won it. There will be a fuck-off big asterisk next to this season in all the history books, for ever and a day. And we can all take the piss out of them mercilessly, in every ground in the country, because they're that deluded that they will believe that being given it=winning it.

But from a more adult perspective, truthfully, I can't say I care much either way at this point. People are dying.
No but the sounds of " now your gonna believe us you never won the league" will ring out from the terraces across the land

We need to use the Spurs 'have you ever seen ...win the league? Have you fuck!!! if they're given it or allowed to get the points behind closed doors

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.