Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

'Haven't come to an agreement' - realistically how hard is that? Everyone in my company has been told they need to take a wage cut, in order to avoid people being sacked and the good of the company long term. Every member of staff has agreed it was for the best. Not sure why footballers need to spend months negotiating?
They’re still letting the PFA handle the ‘discussions ‘ , each week goes by another couple of hundred thousand stays in their bank accounts , they stay silent & that says everything about the players in this country .

They’re still letting the PFA handle the ‘discussions ‘ , each week goes by another couple of hundred thousand stays in their bank accounts , they stay silent & that says everything about the players in this country .

It's a joke to be honest, people are really quick to defend them. Makes me sick that a footballer is fucking fighting tooth and nail to keep his 100k a week, but other people who earn less than that in a year are taking wage cuts without arguing.

It's a joke to be honest, people are really quick to defend them. Makes me sick that a footballer is fucking fighting tooth and nail to keep his 100k a week, but other people who earn less than that in a year are taking wage cuts without arguing.

Except that those same players could be donating that directly for all we know, whilst still paying income tax and NI contributions on the full whack. That's not defending them, that's refusing to jump on your bandwagon without knowing the facts (which we probably never will).

Except that those same players could be donating that directly for all we know, whilst still paying income tax and NI contributions on the full whack. That's not defending them, that's refusing to jump on your bandwagon without knowing the facts (which we probably never will).

Yes thats how income tax works, you earn more you pay more..... and I don't doubt they make significant contributions through tax.

It still doesn't change the fact that we have a situation where they are not actually working, still taking full wages and staff at clubs are likely going to have to be let go as a result of no club income. Surely it doesn't take a genius to figure out something does not add up here? I'm still working and I am taking a pay cut ffs.

Yes thats how income tax works, you earn more you pay more..... and I don't doubt they make significant contributions through tax.

It still doesn't change the fact that we have a situation where they are not actually working, still taking full wages and staff at clubs are likely going to have to be let go as a result of no club income. Surely it doesn't take a genius to figure out something does not add up here? I'm still working and I am taking a pay cut ffs.
Did you deliberately misunderstand my post? I said they could be donating directly themselves while still paying all taxes. City themselves are covering all staff costs, what other clubs do is their lookout.

In extreme cases a footballer earns more in one week than a person earns the same amount in 15 years...think about that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.