Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

the worry for me is I feel so much better not putting myself thought the build up , the after match stress. Watching what I believe to be a bent league. If it wasn't for my unending love of City I would have walked this season 100%. I don't want to walk but my eyes aren't lying. I love City to bits for the last 60yrs but this season ? if this is the new type of football its not for me.
You have tennis, golf and cricket who have cancelled events and it would be easier to play them than football. To try and say it's helping the nation when it's clearly to suit the dippers is dishonest but expect nothing less from these people.

You have tennis, golf and cricket who have cancelled events and it would be easier to play them than football. To try and say it's helping the nation when it's clearly to suit the dippers is dishonest but expect nothing less from these people.
It's just greed. I can't see it happening even behind closed doors the HSE would be questioned as to why they have allowed it to happen given the current UK laws and guidance. Thats befkre anyone actually came down with the virus because of a game god forbid. It just looks so sad and desparate that they are even trying to start it up again when things aren't safe still.

Premier League delegation consisting of King Kenny, big nose, spit at kids, alco Aldo and Manny Durphy. Ample quantities of hankies and candles will be available. Wouldn't ya just love to be a fly on the wall? Wonder how long it'll take for the threats and intimidation to begin if the red souse mafia aren't getting their own way?

Many of us feel the same. They have tried everything to reestablish the old order in football and var is the icing on the cake for them.

I still think City will have a massive matchday following but it might be a younger fan base that go who only know football for the last 20 years or so. I remember the old days and this season wasn't what I know and understand football to be. VAR has for killed the enjoyment of being a match going fan. Perhaps its just us oldens that want go !

Good for the nation ? The way VAR is being used it was pushing me into depression along with over things, I know I was getting to upset with it all even my missus was getting worried about me. For me the break has been a god send.
Agree with you 100% mate and especially the last line, this break has left me feeling relaxed, not annoyed, not shouting at the telly when sky sports turns into Liverpool*FC. My Mrs was getting fucked off with me constantly being in a shit mood watching the corruption unfold before our very eyes.

I'm not missing football one bit and that is thanks to the media and the tv and the radio not ramming them Scouse ****s down our throats at every given opportunity.

The season has to end by 30 June. They are the rules.

If it can’t it has to be voided. The FA cannot change the rules.

It would be hypocritical...

I still think City will have a massive matchday following but it might be a younger fan base that go who only know football for the last 20 years or so. I remember the old days and this season wasn't what I know and understand football to be. VAR has for killed the enjoyment of being a match going fan. Perhaps its just us oldens that want go !

Today's kids will grow up with it so will accept it. If it rectified obvious cheating or errors I have no problem with it but to take three minutes to rule out a goal for a fraction is killing the game. It needs to be the ref and if need be his assistants looking at a monitor at the game, not some clown hundreds of miles away.

Agree with you 100% mate and especially the last line, this break has left me feeling relaxed, not annoyed, not shouting at the telly when sky sports turns into Liverpool*FC. My Mrs was getting fucked off with me constantly being in a shit mood watching the corruption unfold before our very eyes.

I'm not missing football one bit and that is thanks to the media and the tv and the radio not ramming them Scouse ****s down our throats at every given opportunity.
100% me...... never has football effect me so much as this season even when we were shit I still enjoyed football, if I do start going again I will have to only commit about 50% of my passion as I use to as this season was making me ill and I am 60 yrs old for f**k sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.