Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The only way to lift people's spirits is if the government call off the league, null and void, finished. The upliftment of them Scouse ****s not getting the title will be immense, imagine the outpouring of elation and celebrating.

Then we can all sit back and watch in delight as the press, social media bullshitters, sky sports news and these two bob radio stations that peddle this Scouse propaganda crap can all mourn along with that shitstain of a club down the east lancs, then they can light all the candles in the world and sign all the petitions they please.

Come on the powers that be, get this league null and void and just watch the celebrations, with social distancing of course, erupt from every town and city.

My man.

The Arse and Brighton are resuming training but with strict social distancing in place - oh yeah! How do you maintain social distancing in a training ground changing room - keep the squad queuing up on the pitch until one or two are showered. It's the kind of bollocks you come to expect from the people running the game and running'ruining clubs. Boris's call for patience is falling on the usual sporting deaf ears.

I am sure it is not impossible to construct and carry out a safe training programme at their place of work.
At the City training ground for example, there are many changing facilities. Lots of space. The players could be trained in shifts, 2 hour slots would be plenty. Some could work inside others outside. Fitness training would not be a problem to do it safely.
The main issues, would be treating injuries, massage treatments and the such.
If the government ease some restrictions on the 7th may, then I am sure football and other industries will alter their plans .

It was a mind numbingly stupid decision, and the ****s brazenly went ahead and finished the 4 days, despite there being a major shift in public opinion on the Thursday, at least in Ireland.

I was breaking out in cold sweats seeing the crowds and knowing a good portion of them would be jumping on planes and coming back here.

Fuuuck me the stupidity of it

It was cleared by the goverment to be fair, and horse racing had a further ten meetings going well into the week after, Ireland even later.

Economies thrive on consumer confidence and as such are fucked because there won’t be any going forward.

A lot of people are scared, so that stops them going out and that won’t stop just because the government says it’s ok. I saw a poll somewhere the other day that more than 50% of people plan to keep their kids off school! I cant imagine they will be in a rush to get back to the shops.

This will live in the short term memory and will take some time for things to go back to normal. The post war generation were mainly savers not spenders as they were concerned it might happen again. This generation are spenders but that might change a bit now. The rainy day that a lot of people thought would never come has arrived and it has pissed down!Once people stop spending and start saving then economies will slow down dramatically,

I think we will be looking at 3-5 years of economic pain before normality resumes and that’s only if they get on top of the illness.

Football will be part of that pain. It could be the end for a lot of clubs.

Agree with most of what you post but the economy is already f*cked , if every business opened tomorrow the damaged caused over the last few weeks would take a decade to recover , unemployment will be at record levels (unless you fancy picking fruit for a few months:) and how many over sixties with underlying health issues are going to take the risk of catching this virus.

Totally agree with the issue of playing behind closed doors , its totally unfair , we play at Klanfield with 50k putting pressure on Oliver to hand them the game and the return game is played in a sterile , silent atmosphere , that would be a travesty. Its nothing to do with the countries morale , its all about getting the Dippers a title so the Premier league can get the ulitmate exposure/profit from their product.

I dont think it would take a decade to recover if things opened tomorrow. This wasn't brought on by a lack of confidence or economic issues. The issue is when things are going to open fully as it isn't going to be in the next few weeks is it?

As for our scouse friends, I would be ok for the league to be finished where it is. Give them the title but there will always be an asterix next to their name as PL champions.

I genuinely can see them putting it up for two games and then saying it’s simply too much of a strain on resources and is too much of a danger to players and calling it quits there.

Of course if Liverpool fuck it up who knows where we’ll end up.

Just watched Boris give his presser outside #10 in front of a load of journos only inches from each other. Not a good example being set there Boris, and what did he say about them re breaking the 2m rule...

Economies thrive on consumer confidence and as such are fucked because there won’t be any going forward.

A lot of people are scared, so that stops them going out and that won’t stop just because the government says it’s ok. I saw a poll somewhere the other day that more than 50% of people plan to keep their kids off school! I cant imagine they will be in a rush to get back to the shops.

This will live in the short term memory and will take some time for things to go back to normal. The post war generation were mainly savers not spenders as they were concerned it might happen again. This generation are spenders but that might change a bit now. The rainy day that a lot of people thought would never come has arrived and it has pissed down!Once people stop spending and start saving then economies will slow down dramatically,

I think we will be looking at 3-5 years of economic pain before normality resumes and that’s only if they get on top of the illness.

Football will be part of that pain. It could be the end for a lot of clubs.

spot on.
In Wuhan despite restrictions being lifted people are just not going to bars, restaurants or shops. It’s being reported that the govt are even sending out all sorts of freebies and money off vouchers to no avail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.