Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Where the Fuck is the PFA in all this?

I’d be furious if the association that’s supposed to keep you safe and fight for your interest is deathly silent and complicit with you and your co-workers risking the death of you and your family for money.
I definitely wouldn’t be paying subs after this!

The players have all the power here, if they don’t feel safe football doesn’t happen. Rightly so, why should they put themselves and their families in danger. You can’t play a contact sport all the while whilst the rest of the world is being told to stay 2 metres apart.

I’d be furious if the association that’s supposed to keep you safe and fight for your interest is deathly silent and complicit with you and your co-workers risking the death of you and your family for money.
i think a few weeks back they did make some sort of light hearted statement along the lines- we would not accept a restart unless its completly safe

They just throw Gordon Taylor a brown envelope and he keeps quite goes and open another bottle of his favourites.

With Kev and his wife expecting another child I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't make his concerns more widely known again.

I don't know if anyone has posted this or not. According to SSN the Italian Minister for Sports Mr Vincenzo Spadaforda thinks that it is becoming more and more possible that Seria A may have to null and void their season. All this due to the coronavirus. Should Italy become the next country to cancel their football season. This will pile more and more pressure on the Premier League to null and void their season.

Should Italy become the next country to null and void their season. They would become the 4th country to null and void their season that we know about. Just how many countries in Europe have null and void their season that we don't know about. That is the question.

Uefa want an answer from all leagues by 25 may. That's less than a month away, we're still basically in lock down and as yet no one without a vested financial interest has seriously proposed that any football should be played. The club's, TV companies and govt all know it's not happening but no one wants to be the one to pull the plug as the others will blame/sue them.

Probably not the best choice of words. I’m not sure anyone wants to see thousands dying for as long as possible and I know you didn’t mean it like that. If we could have zero deaths going forward and some of these clubs who have crossed us going bust, I’ll take that!

Yeah I definitely didn’t word it right!

There is only one set of people that can bring this whole sorry affair crashing right to the ground. That is the players themselves. I just wonder if they will be fully insured should one of them comes down with the coronavirus. If this coronavirus should end with their career in melt down whether they would be able to claim compensation. If the Governments advice is still to remain 2mtrs apart and they are playing competitive football, I very much doubt that any insurance company would pay out any compensation. All they would have to do, is say look you did not follow the Governments guide lines of remaining 2mtrs apart therefore you will not be entitled to any compensation.

Then the compensation would either fall on the Premier League or the PFA to pay the massive compensation or maybe both of them between themseleves to pay the compensation. If this should happen hopefully they would be made bankrupt. Then they would both have to start from scratch. This would see the Premier League having to think very hard about how to proceed. There would certainly be less money in the pot to pay all those millions out like they do now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.