Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think this would be the best possible outcome. The most hollow title win ever with the biggest ever # slapped next to it, which nobody can be there to celebrate and they'd even be denied a parade. The piss taking would be relentless as everybody, including themselves, will know that they didn't actually win it so it will be a fake triumph. As you say, we keep all our records, and if they were even considering it they won't be able to take away our two trophies we've won this season. After all how could Liverpool get a trophy they haven't won and we get two taken off us that we'd won fair and square!?

Also you have to consider that if they're denied it this season, the PL, refs, VAR, media will be bending over backwards to give them the league next season. At least this way it's out of the way, they can pretend they're the champions and the monkeys off their back... and we start again
Yes and Sergio remains the highest scoring foreign player and retains the hat trick record

Kun's scoring etc along with all the results will 'stand' even if null & void (imagine skybet etc repaying all losing in-play bets for all the season) so goals apperances will stand but just no title/relegation.

I think this would be the best possible outcome. The most hollow title win ever with the biggest ever # slapped next to it, which nobody can be there to celebrate and they'd even be denied a parade. The piss taking would be relentless as everybody, including themselves, will know that they didn't actually win it so it will be a fake triumph. As you say, we keep all our records, and if they were even considering it they won't be able to take away our two trophies we've won this season. After all how could Liverpool get a trophy they haven't won and we get two taken off us that we'd won fair and square!?

Also you have to consider that if they're denied it this season, the PL, refs, VAR, media will be bending over backwards to give them the league next season. At least this way it's out of the way, they can pretend they're the champions and the monkeys off their back... and we start again

agree

Kun's scoring etc along with all the results will 'stand' even if null & void (imagine skybet etc repaying all losing in-play bets for all the season) so goals apperances will stand but just no title/relegation.

If only I’d kept all those losing fixed odd betting slips!!

il buy that mate,like a defeated army 'well we did our best',the follow up plan of how it ends is the worrying part,as far as the FA are concerned null and void keeprs them out of court, forecasting the finnishing places will cost them millions as the french will find out

If, like the French, our Government orders football to be cancelled, I reckon that would get the FA/PL/EFL all out of jail. That could be what they've all been hanging out for - paying lip service to the idea of a restart when they knew it wasn't ever going to happen. I can't see how anyone can be sued if the Government declares a cancellation under the current circumstances. A state of national emergency covers all sorts of angles and I think that if all leagues are declared null & void there would be very little that anyone could do about it. They may still want a vote for giving the dippers the title, but that's another matter. They were going to win it anyway. Forecasting any other final places would be ridiculous, but by not doing so other clubs might maintain that by giving the dippers the title a precedent had been set. Best case scenario then would be null & void to include the dippers. Tough shit for them, happy days for the rest of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.