Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

There will be no fan revolt on "Project Restart". They don't care about the matchgoing fan and, sadly, the TV lot, including out of towners, are begging for it to return in any guise.

That is all they are arsed about, not those who go to the ground and watch the games. They gain nothing from us.

Neville on sky now saying sergio is one of the most famous players in the world and he is saying the players are scared,says players want to play but he can't see how from safety point of football can come back,he thinks nobody will stand up and say it is safe to play football,who will put their neck on the line when everyone else is social distancing,too many problems

wish he would make up his fucking mind

This should be in the joke thread. Nearly choked. It would mean that every team would have to play 10 games a day. Unless they played two teams at once??
We could scrap the usual "two teams play for 90minutes" format and introduce a "Wembley doubles" format. Two players from each of ten teams with a keeper from a foreign league in net. The 1994 team league could be sorted in about 3 months. Get it all sorted over the summer months like we used to do during the big school holiday. We have to adapt to these strange times.

Do I need to include a ;) ?

Neville on sky now saying sergio is one of the most famous players in the world and he is saying the players are scared,says players want to play but he can't see how from safety point of football can come back,he thinks nobody will stand up and say it is safe to play football,who will put their neck on the line when everyone else is social distancing,too many problems

wish he would make up his fucking mind

Must admit I thought he came across well, and he really did put it on whoever does make the decision to start the game again. Almost as if it's all on you if something happens.

I think that everyone needs to be looking at doing everything possible to get the league to re start with null and void being the last resort even though i think they know null and void is the only way
This will keep the masses happy.
I think this will come down to the players.
You get a group of players refusing to play on health and safety grounds will bring all this re start talk down and there will be nothing they can do.
They cant force them to play

You have a good point , it will be down to the players but this should be lead by fatty Taylor at the PFA , but the the PFA is funded by a percentage of the television revenue. Taylor is a massive hypocrite , stating the footballers health and well being are paramount whilst refusing to speak on behalf of the players to cancel the rest of the season. Because his fat salary and the PFA's income would seriously be affected by a reduction in the tv money.
PFA are aboute as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike , they will do as their paymasters tell them , and f*ck the players. GTIAC

"The integrity of the game"

Neutral venues, taking away home advantage, don't address that issue. How is fair, for example, that we had to play at Anfield and they don't have to play at ours? Same goes right the way down the table of course.

Points per game doesn't address it either. The very essence of football is it's unpredictability, it's why we watch it for fuck sake! We wouldn't have won the league in 2011/12 at this stage if that was to happen I imagine nor in 2013/14 or even last season with the 14 on the bounce. Sunderland in 2013/14 would have been relegated with that formula instead of what actaully happened when the won at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and drew away to us to stay up. Leicester would have been relegated the season before they won the league...

The contract issue that has seemingly been shoved away; players don't have to agree to any extension. You can't guarantee a players fitness but you completely take away their chance to play althogether if their contract is up.

There has only been one solution the entire time; cancel the season.

You can't have a third team promoted from the Championship fairly, how's that in-keeping with integrity? You also can't scrap relegation but crown a Champion, how's that maintain integrity?

If the government sign off on restarting football and putting countless lives at risk, taking away PPE from the NHS and tests from the general public in order to fuflill a few football matches then they deserve every piece of tragdey that should personally befall them.

post of the year that mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.