Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I got my head around Liverpool winning the title in January. They completely deserve it and we don’t. The current situation makes it even less important.

I can’t think of anything worse than behind closed-doors football. It will be utterly rank. I’m pretty sure that those who don’t particularly feel the same way about it now will after about 20 minutes.

I’m for making the rest of the league void and let’s start again when we can.

Up the Blues.

That is the real reason some fans don't want to restart the football but they are going to given the title whichever way it goes.

Those who don't want football to start should ask themselves what they want in August when the season kicks off again. Are you going to postpone that as well? Football clubs will not survive, just like any other occupation/ industry if you just give up.

I’d postponed it not arsed about football while this virus around if clubs go under so be it they'll be back people won’t.

I got my head around Liverpool winning the title in January. They completely deserve it and we don’t. The current situation makes it even less important.

I can’t think of anything worse than behind closed-doors football. It will be utterly rank. I’m pretty sure that those who don’t particularly feel the same way about it now will after about 20 minutes.

I’m for making the rest of the league void and let’s start again when we can.

Up the Blues.

100% agree lets spend the next three months getting next season ready to go , 2019/20 has to be ended/voided/cancelled take your pick , if neccessary give the title to the Dippers , it will be the most tainted title in history and nothing to be proud of.
Can't say i am looking forward to games behind closed doors , but it is what it is , we need to make the best of the hand we have been dealt.

That is the real reason some fans don't want to restart the football but they are going to given the title whichever way it goes.

Those who don't want football to start should ask themselves what they want in August when the season kicks off again. Are you going to postpone that as well? Football clubs will not survive, just like any other occupation/ industry if you just give up.
Bullshit.

There's not one person in the world, let alone in here, that would rather this situation than Liverpool winning the title.

I'd give anything for normality.

It's just simply not right to prioritize let alone play sports in this current, global, environment.

I'd rather a person surviving all this over a football club. Even at that, football will survive. It may take years of recovery but do you know what you can't recover from? Dying.

I’d postponed it not arsed about football while this virus around if clubs go under so be it they'll be back people won’t.
But whether football plays or not is not going to impact the general population. The US death forecast has just been doubled overnight because of the wider opening up of states. Stuff like opening schools, shops, factories. Increasing contact on tubes, trains etc is what impacts the infection rate. And there is little alternative. You can't hold it off forever or institutions like the health service, banking systems and the architecture of the system will stop functioning.

The quality of our lives matter. Football, society, economy, culture. You can't just think that if you sit with your mask on inside your house for 12 months that life in the outside world will continue. We have to find a way of coping with it.

Hopefully the way out will be a vaccine but this could we with us for a very long time. And all the things you value in your life have to be conserved and protected.

Can I ask what you have heard regarding schools and year 6 pupils. My son is in year 6
That¨s also the noise coming from the Local Authority. It is also what my union has been told. Absolutely insane to reopen schools. The last place any parent would want to put their child is in with other children who may have no idea about social isolation. It will be impossible for staff to control. I have been in school every day during lockdown and speak from the experience of trying to keep very small numbers apart. Absolute recipe for disaster and will gain nothing other than a bit of political kudos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.