Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The four remaining Champions League last 16 matches are aiming to be played on the weekend of August 8th. Quarter-finals would take place the following midweek. The Turkish FA remain confident they will be able to host the final in Istanbul as planned. [via
@MirrorFootball

Should football return, every remaining match in the Premier League and Championship – apart from the final day - could be televised in a separate time slot on television or online. Three or four matches from both competitions would be shown each day. [
@MailSport

Should Manchester City progress to the final of the FA Cup, it would currently clash with other commitments. The 2020 FA Cup Final is scheduled to be played at Wembley, behind closed doors, on August 8th - the same day UEFA intend on resuming the Champions League. [
@SunSport

The Premier League's bottom three have been warned that relegation could be imposed on them if they continue to obstruct plans to resume the season next month at neutral venues. [
@MailSport

Nice bit of blackmail going on there

The four remaining Champions League last 16 matches are aiming to be played on the weekend of August 8th. Quarter-finals would take place the following midweek. The Turkish FA remain confident they will be able to host the final in Istanbul as planned. [via
@MirrorFootball

Should football return, every remaining match in the Premier League and Championship – apart from the final day - could be televised in a separate time slot on television or online. Three or four matches from both competitions would be shown each day. [
@MailSport

Should Manchester City progress to the final of the FA Cup, it would currently clash with other commitments. The 2020 FA Cup Final is scheduled to be played at Wembley, behind closed doors, on August 8th - the same day UEFA intend on resuming the Champions League. [
@SunSport
No surprise that we'd be disadvantaged.

Premier League players may only be able to train fully for 'two or three days' before being expected to play again - causing fears that it will lead to a raft of injuries and create a potential roadblock for Project Restart.
@MirrorFootball

No surprise that we'd be disadvantaged.
We might have to decide between the two if we get there,i haven't seen much interest in them doing the fa cup games,just the cl and prem

We might have to decide between the two if we get there,i haven't seen much interest in them doing the fa cup games,just the cl and prem
I don't actually care right now, we could win 2 more trophies, but I'll not be watching football until I can go there as a fan, I've no interest in supporting gambling outcomes.

Football deserves (real) fans there watching, if they can't be, then there should be no football.

Imagine an FA Cup final at wembley without fans, ridiculous, and I don't like wembley, whoever the 2 teams are in the final, there'll be thousands outside, same as neutral venue league games, the whole thing is a fucking farce.

Oh and I wish our club would stand up and lead on this.

It has emerged that Premier League players have to take their holidays - five weeks off per year - by June 30. Clubs 'must not unreasonably withhold a request from a player to take three consecutive weeks'. [
@MailSport

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.