Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I don't actually care right now, we could win 2 more trophies, but I'll not be watching football until I can go there as a fan, I've no interest in supporting gambling outcomes.

Football deserves (real) fans there watching, if they can't be, then there should be no football.

Imagine an FA Cup final at wembley without fans, ridiculous, and I don't like wembley, whoever the 2 teams are in the final, there'll be thousands outside, same as neutral venue league games, the whole thing is a fucking farce.

Oh and I wish our club would stand up and lead on this.
I agree,the whole thing is a nonsense. As for us, we did put out a tweet ages ago that we wouldn't risk any member of staff until it was completely safe, would like to think we will say something soon

The Premier League are actually outbidding our own NHS and key worker institutions to secure PPE.

Let that sink in for those out there who are demanding football returns now...

The Premier League are forcing the price up because the greedy wankers need it now and couldn't care less how that impacts a marketplace which is already in short supply and gouged to fuck.

It's despicable.

The Premier League are actually outbidding our own NHS and key worker institutions to secure PPE.

The Premier League are forcing the price up because the greedy wankers need it now and couldn't care less how that impacts a marketplace which is already in short supply and gouged to fuck.

It's despicable.
Plus if the latest reports of threatening to vote for relegation if the bottom clubs don't "play ball" are true, which I wouldn't doubt, football can get fucked.

They're so obsessed with trying to recover what money they have and may lose that they seem to not realise that they've lost so much respect that they can never earn back. The product is damaged, the sooner the league realise that the better because that will impact upon the game far longer than a TV deal.

It's despicable.
Watching footballers run around in full PPE will be funny as fuck, if it includes those shoe cover bags these behind closed doors games would more resemble a classic "It's a Knockout" competition.

..... Or have I misunderstood something ?

It's despicable.
That is disgusting,i trust the gov will put their money where their mouths are and stop them

Watching footballers run around in full PPE will be funny as fuck, if it includes those shoe cover bags these behind closed doors games would more resemble a classic "It's a Knockout" competition.

..... Or have I misunderstood something ?

The testing kits are costing £4m. Then they are grabbing the masks and various PPE for all the related stuff surrounding daily operations.

NHS staff can't get enough test kits and PPE as it is.

The Premier League's need for it is merely ramping up prices across the board.

They are going to have to play behind closed doors, or at least with less than 50% or more attendance for the foreseeable future, as unless I am living in a different universe putting food on a plate for most people is going to be a struggle, never mind a day out at the football.

That is disgusting,i trust the gov will put their money where their mouths are and stop them

They shouldn't have to though, Kaz?

All these testing kits/PPE are in global demand yet football and TV bosses couldn't give a shit that them buying them up is pricing out those who really need them.

Government need to grow a pair.

They are going to have to play behind closed doors, or at least with less than 50% or more attendance for the foreseeable future, as unless I am living in a different universe putting food on a plate for most people is going to be a struggle, never mind a day out at the football.

There will be no spectators inside a sporting ground in England until at least mid 2021.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.