Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Martyn Ziegler reporting that FA will insist on relegation - even if football does not resume.

Makes sense, they're desperate to award the dippers the title and to show the league had a bit of integrity, they'd have to relegate 3 teams too..

They would have made this decision in a heartbeat ages ago if it was so simple though..

The fallout and lawsuits that would follow is the only thing stopping them..

The solution is null and void the season, expunge all results and resume when safe to do so..

Sadly, it's all about the money though ..!

Dippers crowned as champions, even though they haven't won it = subscription sales up in Asia, Scandinavia, Ireland and The West Counties.

Sales that SKY, BT and the media desperatly need as their products are on the verge of a steep incline as they all are losing customers in droves..

Playing out the remaining fixtures behind closed doors in neutral stadiums is not the same competition.. It's shambolic..!

Not only that but it's nailed on players will catch covid19..

What happens say, if Villa have to isolate their first team squad and cannot fulfill their fixtures?

Do they just get relegated anyway?

For me, the end game all points to playing the 2 games required, not a chance the dippers wouldn't accrue the 6 points needed, then calling the season off, dippers win the league, no relegation or promotion and all's well within the PL bubble..!

Farcical..!

Players will be getting tested regularly and will be isolated from contact from wider society to an extent so it's not as risky as playing football against some random group in a park. This would be a highly monitored group. In Italy players from Sampdoria and Fiorentina have been found to have the virus and they'll be quarantined presumably. If a lot of players in the UK have it then that will scupper it and make in unworkable. We'll see.

Sorry testing isn’t accurate enough to trust! Until they have one that is 90%+ it’s a waste of time! You can have had the virus didn’t know it was corona Virus be tasted be clear but your body hasn’t complete Cleared of it and be back next day.

Agree with the first part, there is a significant minority not adhering to the lockdown, i see it everyday if i'm out for my walk or bike ride. I accept there will always be people that are too thick to understand or scroats that will do what they want, and to a certain extent i have sympathy for people that can't work from home and when they are at work, social distancing is difficult - so why does it matter? What is difficult to understand, accept and condone is the 'privileged' few that think they know best, that rules don't apply to them and who don't really give two fucks about anyone else. They deserve to be named and shamed along with the others. I don't know the circumstances behind his visit to his sisters house or his bike ride, i don't really want to know. I gave up on Kyle Walker a long time ago . I fully expected as a previous poster suggested that the gutter press will be doing follow ups and no doubt there will be people out there willing to report his transgressions. Whilst this pandemic has brought out the best in some people, it has also highlighted the worst in others , at all levels and the press and media are playing one off against the other to sell copy and advertising space. The is a need for the country to get back to work, otherwise we are all fucked permanently but you can bet your life that the decisions will create yet another shitstorm, everyone has an opinion and they think its the right one. I despair at some of the stuff i've read, our leading expert advising the government on how the virus will spread, inviting his married lover round for a shag, chief medical officers visiting second homes, Jesus wept!! The moves football is making to finish the season ? Why the fuck not lets get it over with , open up the stadiums , free entry so we all feel better about our lives. Lets spread the virus see who lives , who dies, survival of the fittest let's get it started. Just a thought or two on VE Day .

Just a personal opinion and rant, please do not take offence, but i sometimes think that only me and the wife are taking things seriously

He should ring them tell them he going shopping I’ll meet you there when we queuing up at 2m distance and have a chat.

He might, he might not but that doesn't excuse his behaviour. Whether he likes it or not he is a role model to lots of kids. He is in the public eye at a club the media have it in for and at the moment being paid very well to keep fit and play FIFA or whatever the players do in their spare time. It was bad enough he got caught up in some kind of sex foursome with hookers, but to then give the press even more ammunition by breaking government rules a couple of times more, while hundreds a day are dying of this virus is brain dead behaviour and disrespectful to people on the front line fighting this disease, not to mention the club who he represents.

Yep can see that media though utter scum

Sorry testing isn’t accurate enough to trust! Until they have one that is 90%+ it’s a waste of time! You can have had the virus didn’t know it was corona Virus be tasted be clear but your body hasn’t complete Cleared of it and be back next day.
Virus test or antibody test? Roche are claiming near perfect antibody test (https://www.roche.com/media/releases/med-cor-2020-05-03.htm). I don' t think these are the quick pin-prick tests but something that operates on their nationwide infrastructure. I believe the US FDA authorised a lot of bogus antibody tests that have had to be reeled in?

Antibody tests would be really useful for a lot of people. I know a lot of people who claim to have had it. Some certain, some not so certain but it would make a lot of difference now that plans for lifting the lockdown are being drafted.

Why is football being allowed to buy up PPE pushing up the cost ? . The government should step in and say only the NHS and frontline services can have PPE at the moment.

I cant believe that the British press/media arent turning on football for its rush to get back by taking PPE away from the NHS. If the premier league are buying it its putting pressure on the supply train . NHS need is more important. What other industries or sport are doing this ? I havent heard of say tennis or the local factory or BA trying to buy PPE to get started again, just football.

Virus test or antibody test? Roche are claiming near perfect antibody test (https://www.roche.com/media/releases/med-cor-2020-05-03.htm). I don' t think these are the quick pin-prick tests but something that operates on their nationwide infrastructure. I believe the US FDA authorised a lot of bogus antibody tests that have had to be reeled in?

Antibody tests would be really useful for a lot of people. I know a lot of people who claim to have had it. Some certain, some not so certain but it would make a lot of difference now that plans for lifting the lockdown are being drafted.

Are aren’t using these though it’s a swab on a stick down your nose which if not don’t correctly is a wast of space if it is don’t properly it’s 70% accurate! I’m astonished the media don’t even report this! The media are obsessed with testing.

Why is football being allowed to buy up PPE pushing up the cost ? . The government should step in and say only the NHS and frontline services can have PPE at the moment.

I cant believe that the British press/media arent turning on football for its rush to get back by taking PPE away from the NHS. If the premier league are buying it its putting pressure on the supply train . NHS need is more important. What other industries or sport are doing this ? I havent heard of say tennis or the local factory or BA trying to buy PPE to get started again, just football.

Agree they should only be able to buy them when the death toll is where Germany is Nill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.