Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

You could argue that if they are being tested regularly and infected players are quarantined then that's an effective regime.
Except you can be infected and therefore infecting before you fail a test, so once anyone fails a test in a squad, the whole squad should isolate, not just those that failed the test, or it could go through the whole squad, and the odds are that someone could get seriously ill.

I see the hate press have rounded on walker. I think he might be becoming their hate mascot.

All part of the agenda. Sterling Mk 2.

Elements of the Premier League reported as pressing for a restart with disclaimers re safety of players.
Are these the same paragons of integrity?

Pleased to read Martin Samuel's observations on Rick Parry and his key part in the current situation.

He be in more danger contracting the virus going down to the shops and the people are holding out outside his place to get an article are scum.

I am not a fan of rushing back the Prem but I think some over 70s who are forced to isolate will welcome City back on their screens or radio. I know my Mum wants to see the Prem back up and running.

Some other posters appear to be shocked that the Prem is full of greedy fookers. I hope the fake Nigerian Prince hasn’t wiped out their bank accounts.

I am not a fan of rushing back the Prem but I think some over 70s who are forced to isolate will welcome City back on their screens or radio. I know my Mum wants to see the Prem back up and running.

Some other posters appear to be shocked that the Prem is full of greedy fookers. I hope the fake Nigerian Prince hasn’t wiped out their bank accounts.

I don't get this greedy thing. I had a look online and from what I could make out, last season all premier league clubs made just over £400 million between them. More than half of that was split between Arsenal and Liverpool. Now i don't know about this, put I would presume that 400 million was pre tax.

Now to put that into context, McDonalds made £337 million profit after tax, last year in the UK. No one is calling McDonalds greedy bastards. They will be open soon and everyone will flock back to them, even if it is just take aways and drive thru. Last year BnQ's and screwfixes, 6 monthly pre tax profits dropped to £255. Thats is more than double what any premier league made.

Now I don't want to see football back till it is safe. If that means next year, then so be it. But as far as the actual football clubs are concerned, I don't think they can be accused of being greedy. For a lot of them this pandemic is going to leave them very close to the bone in regards to staying afloat.

The media, the broadcasters and football authorities (FA,Premier League, PFA) are the ones who deserve all the ire. The football clubs themselves are just doing what every single sensible business in the country should be doing at the minute and thats looking to survive.

People talk about football clubs and riches. When you look at the figures in comparison to real businesses, the turn overs are negligible and the profit margins are pretty small. Yet everyone loves to give clubs and players shit all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.