Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Yes my interest is City

Like you I have worked through the lockdown, if they want to bring football back ok. But it cant be the premier league. Where records will stand etc. You can not change the format of the competition after 75% of the season. The premiership has lost all integrity.

Where does it say that after 75% of the season played that fans are going to be banned ?, that clubs can use 5 subs but must wear masks and sit 2 metres apart ?. That match might be shorter in lenght ? That there is going to be a 4 month break to allow the players a rest ?. That staff and players and their families might catch a deadly virus, but the premier league must carry on in any format ?

Any restart to me is just taking the piss out of us match going fans.

I dont agree with a restart but IF the clubs to null n void the premier league and just play a round robin for the tv companys, that's up to them.

You say it wont be like the 'real thing' and I agree with you , but any point record liverpool might get will stand and over ride City's in a season were the rules weren't changed. I am f**king angry that our points record could be over taken with this micky mouse effect to get liverpool over the line. It's a disgrace that other clubs are going along with this folly.
I detest Liverpool but I don’t worry myself about what they are getting up to . The words stick in my throat but they deserve the title this year. I won’t be watching their games , just city’s and maybe the relegation battle if that gets interesting

I detest Liverpool but I don’t worry myself about what they are getting up to . The words stick in my throat but they deserve the title this year. I won’t be watching their games , just city’s and maybe the relegation battle if that gets interesting

So it doesnt bother you that the integrity of the league has been thrown away just to get a micky mouse form of the league on tv. And its doesnt bother you that this micky mouse event will allow liverpool to perhaps break our point record which we did fairly ?

OK that's fine but to me it stinks I invest my time, money, effort etc to go to matches to cheer our team on to get that point record. Now to me it's been handed to another team with rule after rule changes, it doesnt feel right to me.

Make it null n void, give liverpool* the title I have no problems with that.

Last edited:

Yes my interest is City

Like you I have worked through the lockdown, if they want to bring football back ok. But it cant be the premier league. Where records will stand etc. You can not change the format of the competition after 75% of the season. The premiership has lost all integrity.

Where does it say that after 75% of the season played that fans are going to be banned ?, that clubs can use 5 subs but must wear masks and sit 2 metres apart ?. That match might be shorter in lenght ? That there is going to be a 4 month break to allow the players a rest ?. That staff and players and their families might catch a deadly virus, but the premier league must carry on in any format ?

I dont agree with a restart but IF the clubs to null n void the premier league and just play a round robin for the tv companys, that's up to them.

You say it wont be like the 'real thing' and I agree with you , but any point record liverpool might get will stand and over ride City's in a season were the rules weren't changed. I am f**king angry that our points record could be over taken with this micky mouse effect to get liverpool over the line. It's a disgrace that other clubs are going along with this folly.
Do you seriously think that the motivation to restart the league is to get Liverpool over the line? That really does not make much sense to me (though that means nothing more than we interpret it differently).

Think of the restart this way. As things stand Man Utd take our Champions League spot. This is a chance to KO them.

The ‘Integrity of the PL’ is a fucking joke.

Goodbye PL, my days of watching football are over. Hypocritical cünts, worse than UEFA, shifting standards, limits etc part way through a season.
I’ll always love City, but I will never be going again, or watching it on TV.
They’ve got their gravy train running again, it’s not about ‘the football and fans’ anymore. I’m disgusted.
Take care all you Blues that go to games and cram into the buses and transport. This virus WILL return with more devastation later this year or early next year. The PL won’t care, they’ll have got their money generator going again.
The WSL has been cancelled, the players should now be suing the FA.
Hypocrisy, Discrimination & double standards.

So it doesnt bother you that the integrity of the league has been thrown away just to get a micky mouse form of the league on tv. And its doesnt bother you that this micky mouse event will allow liverpool to perhaps break our point record which we did fairly ?

OK that's fine but to me it stinks I invest my time, money, effort etc to go to matches to cheer our team on to get that point record. Now to me it's been handed to another team with rule after rule changes, it doesnt feel right to me.

Make it null n void, give liverpool* the title I have no problems with that.

Think the premier is desperate to get back mainly about money! For me liverpool winning the league after a 2 month break mean zero it’s the Coronavirus Premier cup they are winning like whoever wins the Fa Cup or the champ league mean nowt just because rules have changed when it restarts after 2/3 months.

Yes my interest is City

Totally agree. Read this on the BBC Sports Website this morning and they are so far up the PL/FAs arse, they can see the tartar

"
What else is up for grabs?
As well as winning a first league title in 30 years, there are a number of records Liverpool will be looking to break when the season resumes.

The Reds needs 19 points from the remaining 27 to beat Manchester City's total of 100 points from 2017-18, while they could also better City's record title-winning margin of 19 points from the same campaign.

Totally agree. Read this on the BBC Sports Website this morning and they are so far up the PL/FAs arse, they can see the tartar

"
What else is up for grabs?
As well as winning a first league title in 30 years, there are a number of records Liverpool will be looking to break when the season resumes.

The Reds needs 19 points from the remaining 27 to beat Manchester City's total of 100 points from 2017-18, while they could also better City's record title-winning margin of 19 points from the same campaign.

This .....

It's so wrong that this might happen. The press/media will stuck their knobs for years over it. We did it fair and square. A restart is not the same season.

I didnt spend over £1,500 (2 of us ) this season, for the season to finish in this farce. No fans, no VAR, 5 subs in masks, etc etc I feel like I have been mugged of by football.

Plus when we play liverpool for some reason we cant even play at the Etihad....Why not ?

If it's so safe why are clubs from lower leagues and the womens leagues not kicking up a stink. What right have those leagues to stop the leagues when it is safe to play that denies these clubs much needed match day revenues ?

TV money, money, money it's not the game I grew up with anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.