Corporate Value For Money?

back in 2016 at a screening of the Swansea away game, I won a competition for tickets into the Chairmans club for the Everton game and to say I was disappointed is an understatement, free bar and pint in a glass , complimentary programme and teamsheet, but was disappointed in seeing people in there not taking their seats for the game and staying in the bar and that included Liam Gallagher, no atmosphere whatsoever and I felt totally out of place, am I glad I did it? yes, would I do it again? probably not, would I pay to do it? definitely not

In the early days of the ground I got kicked out for something or other and ended up sneaking back in and found myself in a huge room. Probably a good 200 people sat down to a meal. Was probably round about 227 or 228.

It was a midweek game and they had United on the tele. I had a quick pint even though the game had started and I’d say about 3/4 of them were clearly settled in to stay there and watch the United game.

I mean, what’s the point?

I did kits bar for my 70 birthday paid for by my 2 sisters , against Newcastle in the cup. Parking space, free programme for all, drinks on tap which you pay for, can order merchandise from your table, food was decent, free beer at halftime and stays open for a hour after the game so no rush, padded seats make a difference really enjoyed the experience. Great day.

Did the tunnel club for my 60th a couple of years back , the west ham game in the snow, met Tony Book, Tommy Booth, Peter Barnes and Shaun Goater. Was expensive but worth every penny as a one off.

Okay, so it's the big 60 for me this August after attending almost 1500 City games since the 1-1 v Chelsea in April 1971

I've only ever done corporate at cricket where everything's more relaxed and the result isn't quite so critical. However, I've got no idea about the City Corporate Experience and whether you get anything resembling a good time, never mind value for money.

What's the general feeling?
Am I best in 93:20 or going full throttle in the Tunnel Club?
Is it worth doing or am I best following my normal pre-match ritual of sinking 5-6 in the Bull's Head on Piccadilly and just making kick off?
The latter pal

Corporate is priced to rinse the big spenders for big games and then for the lesser games they know the demand falls way off so its priced much closer to a normal ticket and sometimes they do deals to sell it out. You can get in corporate for a real deal if you go for the worst games and ring up in the week.

I used to go a lot with work. It's worth doing once but I'd rather go with my mates and have the cash in my pocket.

What sort of price would you say?

I got tickets in Citizens for the lads 18th birthday and, as it was the second leg of the game against Sporting (where we were already 5-0 up from the first leg), it wasn't really a premium fixture and relatively cheap (around £120 each from memory). Setup was good with a meal, half-time pint waiting at your table, padded seats etc. but don't expect a cauldron-like atmosphere. Mind you, the game itself was fairly dire which didn't help.

Over the years ive done the Tunnel Club Plus, Legends, Citizens and the Mancunian and Joe's. I would say Legends and the Mancunian are the best value. The Tunnel Club is very expensive for what it is.

The whole idea of cooperate hospitality is someone else is paying isn't it (unless you are the company), so the client isn't normally that bothered about VFM having cost them nowt.

That seems not too bad - I take hospitality was criteria based as well? as none of the hospitality options seemed to be open to me - Have done the Commonwealth bar before but that seems to have gone altogether now

Only criteria for hospitality is that you have the cash to pay. For big(ger) games it’ll go on sale a few days before normal tickets. Once you are on the hospitality email list, they’ll give you a heads up.

The ‘bars’ (Joes, Kits, 93:20, etc) can be in high demand and have little to no availability, never making it available online, as a hospitality rep has grabbed them for those on the email list.

For games like Madrid in CL, almost all options will go in the first hour of availability, except probably the undesirable offsite ones.

After missing out on a ticket for Madrid at home I thought I'd look at hospitality

Only thing available Vermillion - Off site - drink on arrival, buffet meal, programme -Make your own way to the ground £340 FFS
Apologies for replying to my own post - but this hospitality package has now reappeared on the mancity.com site except now its gone up to £499 - talk about fleecing people!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.