Corruption in English football?

That's a fair point.

I appreciate we've got as much of a vested interest in the continuation of the premium league and champions league than the cartel.

However, I'm not so sure about the powerless aspect. We're probably better placed to blow the whistle on the whole corruption racket than the other clubs combined.

The likes of the rags, dippers et al have far more to lose than us if the truth were to ever come out. These historical "big" clubs survive and depend on image whereas everyone knows MCFC are the pantomime villains.

Also because of our business model we're more likely to recover from an apocalyptic crisis than all the other clubs put together.
It really depends who's running the racket and how far/deep it goes (FIFA/UEFA/FA/PL/PGMOL)???

Links to serious organised crime and you'd think twice before you opened your mouth to give evidence for fear of what may happen.

Atwell is up there with the best of them.

Remember his last game for us, one of the most corrupt and biased performances in history away to Brighton. Not only did he and his team incorrectly send off Cancelo, they also only gave a yellow for a disgusting red card challenge on Gundogan then him and his team (Moss on Var, say no more, same guy who ruled out our goal v Norwich and has history making up the rules for our games) somehow missed the blatant penalty on Jesus.

No wonder he allowed yesterdays rags goal to count.

But the club are far too passive and never kick up a fuss, its why officials always take the easy option of giving stuff against us as it makes their life easier. Should take a leaf out of Klopps/Rags book and make more of a fuss on and off the pitch on some of the officiating we get
your last paragraph is spot on , but it will never happen .

In order to adequately express why I think that those who perceive that an ongoing, years-long, massive conspiracy against City are almost certainly wrong, I'd need to write an essay - which no one will read.

Nonetheless - my essay follows - I've tried to keep it as brief as possible.
===
Let's for a moment assume that, in fact, all or most referees are corrupt and are intentionally ruling against City whenever possible or perhaps as often as they can without being obvious. And then let's follow this up with implications:

1) I've heard no one in City management complaining about this massive conspiracy. Either CIty management are complicit too or there's an even larger conspiracy afoot - City management are aware of the conspiracy but cannot complain as a such complaint would be met with some sort of dire punishment;

2) Or maybe I've overstated the ability of City management to identify the ongoing conspiracy. They haven't complained because they're blissfully unaware of what's going on - they're incompetent.

3) By similar logic, the press is corrupt. Why hasn't the free press taken up the case against this obvious corruption? Surely some press figures are sympathetic to City and surely such a massive anti-City scandal would be a dream story to publish regardless of City sentiment.

4) Government must be corrupt as well. Given the criminal behavior of referees and the lack of response from referee oversight officials in both the P/L and in UEFA; and the lack of action by the press; there must have been numerous appeals to government officials from City fans to end this obvious miscarriage of justice. And yet government fails to act and so too must be complicit or somehow unable to respond.

5) And so on. That officials are obviously against City and are corrupt doesn't make sense. At all!
===
Most corruption is driven by money - bent officials are bribed not to disadvantage a disliked team - but to make good a longshot bet against the odds. Such corruption appears, for example, when a big side faces a smaller rival and odds are stacked against the "David." But this sort of bent referring is not what those of you are complaining about.
===
Penultimate point - refereeing is a human endeavor. VAR has helped mitigate against error - and yet, error will occur - either for or against us. And too - referees are human. When refereeing a combative game when we're the away side - massive pressure from fans is against the referee... it's likely that some close decisions in such cases will go against us.

Final point - go online and browse RedAndWhiteKop or RedCafe or some other top opponent's forum. You'll find a thread very similar to this one complaining that there's a massive conspiracy against the Scum or the Scouse or whatever other club. Each of these clubs have a case for massive conspiracy against them - which is precisely as strong as the case against us - and which in fact, is completely unfounded.

Last edited:
if that was a city game and a city player you can bet it would take one clip by VAR and red card and goal cross off
The "wank/cum noise" Ratboy makes on games when a decision needs making is the ALERT for VAR to listen to HIS decision on commentary and then abide with it.

Its the verbal nod nod wink wink scenario.

Bent as fuck

Dean loves to favour United. Remember last season, they were 6-0 up against 10-man Southampton. He reviewed an incident on the camera, and decided his original penalty decision and reducing Southampton to 9 men was correct.

You would have thought a reasonable referee might have given the benefit of the doubt to the team losing by six goals. Not Dean though. Sending off in real time, sending off having seen the incident on the VAR screen. The sending off was subsequently overturned, upon appeal.

One of things that pisses me off is the ref’s not having to account for any game-changing decisions they make during a game.
I know it’s been mentioned many times about rugby officials being mic’d up, and that would be a great start in making Premier League referees accountable to the paying public, but that is not going to happen under the current regime - fuck knows why. But when the ref makes a seriously controversial decision -like the one that gave the rags their win yesterday- and he doesn’t even have to explain to anybody how and why he reached his conclusion, then I think an independent body should be formed in order to investigate precisely what it is we -the supporters who fund the game- are not being told.

As touched on briefly by another poster, isolated incidents in which a team benefits from a contentious decision is just the rub of the green: it’s just luck. But when it is the same team week in week out that receives favourable decisions then basically, we all of us are being taken for mugs.

That referee who goes on sky gets his order from Riley the wnaker to tow the party line! The people on var for the scum games just don’t highlight to the referee the obvious fouls like that penalty wolves should of got! I guarantee if that was city the bloke on Var couldn’t tell the infield referee quick enough! Corrupt as fuck!

Dean loves to favour United. Remember last season, they were 6-0 up against 10-man Southampton. He reviewed an incident on the camera, and decided his original penalty decision and reducing Southampton to 9 men was correct.

You would have thought a reasonable referee might have given the benefit of the doubt to the team losing by six goals. Not Dean though. Sending off in real time, sending off having seen the incident on the VAR screen. The sending off was subsequently overturned, upon appeal.
Not that I've got any time for the annoying c*nt, but Penandez was pleading with the ref not to send the Southampton player off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.