Cost of living crisis - how are you all doing?

Aldi absolutely rammed everytime I’ve been in recently which is a sure sign that folk from all backgrounds are now feeling the pinch - some Of the shelves looked half empty today

Or more people have cottoned on that likes of Aldi produce and distribute practically the same stuff as all the other big brand named supermarkets- why not just choose the cheapest anyway.

Or more people have cottoned on that likes of Aldi produce and distribute practically the same stuff as all the other big brand named supermarkets- why not just choose the cheapest anyway.
bollocks, it's absolutely shit compared to Waitrose products. Maybe it's the same as Tesco & Morrisons then you're comparing shite to shite which is fine.

bollocks, it's absolutely shit compared to Waitrose products. Maybe it's the same as Tesco & Morrisons then you're comparing shite to shite which is fine.

No, this isn't true. I have a Waitrose a couple of minutes walk away. I have bought their expensive stuff and some of it tastes like absolute shite. Aldi baked beans are better than Heinz, their butter is brilliant, pizza's great. Their ready meals are tastier , or just the same and half the price of Waitrose. Their meat products and veg the same, as is their bread. Carbonated spring water is half the price than Waitrose too for the same product. The only thing I find superior in Waitrose is their number 1 coffee range. Kenyan AA is superb but it's risen to a ridiculous £4 a pack. Aldi do some great coffee's that push it a close second for around £2.20, so they can poke the Kenyan AA where the sun doesn't shine. I will wait until they put it on offer and stock up.

Waitrose have taken the absolute piss out of the cost of living rises and some of their stuff has almost doubled in price. Greedy wankers.

No, this isn't true. I have a Waitrose a couple of minutes walk away. I have bought their expensive stuff and some of it tastes like absolute shite. Aldi baked beans are better than Heinz, their butter is brilliant, pizza's great. Their ready meals are tastier , or just the same and half the price of Waitrose. Their meat products and veg the same, as is their bread. Carbonated spring water is half the price than Waitrose too for the same product. The only thing I find superior in Waitrose is their number 1 coffee range. Kenyan AA is superb but it's risen to a ridiculous £4 a pack. Aldi do some great coffee's that push it a close second for around £2.20, so they can poke the Kenyan AA where the sun doesn't shine. I will wait until they put it on offer and stock up.

Waitrose have taken the absolute piss out of the cost of living rises and some of their stuff has almost doubled in price. Greedy wankers.

I've shopped at Aldi and the only thing worth buying is the Wine. The fact you say the veg and meat is of the same quality is laughable

Fair enough
My Mrs used to shop Waitrose
Now she’s aldi/Lidl
I don’t notice the difference when it comes to dinners.

There isn't any as I've just mentioned in my post. I have tried some of their new expensive ranges when they've been yellow stickered and a lot have been garbage. That Japanese range of food in particular. It's just sheer snobbery to say Waitrose is better, it's not.

Done lots of comparisons on Trolly.co.uk for the weekly shop and the big boys are fighting back nicely. A lot more branded products that are being sold at Aldi can be had for the same same price or less elsewhere. It did used to ring true with Aldi's old adverts of "I like that one.. but I also like this one" when quality was up there with the best.

It's quite a different story now as the own brand discounters further press suppliers for more value and eventually the only thing that can give are the ingredients and contents. Not all of Aldi's product are pish, but a lot that used to be really sound are no longer edible ..well not to my palate anyway.

This week we beat Tesco and Aldi using Sainsbury again, but we'll swop in a heartbeat as loyalty in a cost of living crisis makes little sense. I do go into Aldi for their tonic as its palatable and only 59p.

Last weeks online shop listed below, the stand out for us was the 2 packs of Taylors lava strength coffee at £3 a pack. Normal price is £4.50 a pack. Also Tanqueray £22 a litre and Baileys at a tenner a bottle. Also the box of Victoria chocolate biscuits priced £4 is beyond insane, as are those pot noodles at 90 pence.

Having said that if you go to Farmfoods they are doing King size pot noodles for 55p which seriously need buying in bulk. Also boxes of 166 Cadbury flakes for only 6.99. I've said too much.

9PgZCxj.jpg

o3BXpgq.jpg
Biscuits, meat, Java coffee, booze? Living like a king….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.