Cost of living crisis - how are you all doing?

My sister told me that her new mortgage payment will be £2,700 pm from March. Made my eyes water!!!

She bought the house for about £430k during early COVID (to be fair it's worth about £75k more now) which seemed a good deal at the time...

I think they can manage but it seems a lot and so many people must be in the same boat where it becomes unsustainable for them.

crazy, she London ?

It's only M&S chickens wot can lay M&S eggs.
It's how they reared that makes them M&S chickens.

wgI29Ke.jpg

Last edited:
crazy, she London ?
Most "good" areas up north are now 400k+ for a 3/4 bed. Difference between the north and London is that same 400k buys you a house in somewhere like Dagenham, Enfield or Croydon none of which are then nicest of places.

Mines gone up £650
We're looking at £1200 a month extra in March on ours (nice village in Surrey but nothing special in terms of house) - added to the £1800 a month I've got to find for second kid's nursery starting in Jan, looking a bit grim!

Silver-lining being it might finally let me win the argument for moving back North.

We're looking at £1200 a month extra in March on ours (nice village in Surrey but nothing special in terms of house) - added to the £1800 a month I've got to find for second kid's nursery starting in Jan, looking a bit grim!

Silver-lining being it might finally let me win the argument for moving back North.
It's a joke mate I feel for you.

I earned a good amount more in London but it was eaten up with the cost of living there.

I live just outside , costs me £35 return to go London on train. People wonder why some want to work from home.

I can easily do the same job from home.

I live just outside , costs me £35 return to go London on train. People wonder why some want to work from home.

I can easily do the same job from home.
I meant more rents and doing things. I cleaned up after we sold a family home (mums parents were from Canning Town) but it was just so expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.